Itadori turns his attention towards you, resting his eyes gently on your face. There's a silence to the conversation but it's comfortable. Okkotsu's conversation this morning spurs up in your thoughts.

"Speaking of Itadori, are you and him close?"

"Is that so? It's possible for two opposite genders to be friends without someone falling in love?"

Okkotsu's words echo loudly in your head and your brows slowly furrow when you recall them. Is it so weird for you and Itadori to just be friends? Just the thought of love and Itadori in one sentence doesn't seem right. Your thoughts are confirmed when you feel Itadori pinch your cheek. You reach up to pry his fingers away from your face.

"What's in that mind of yours? You blanked out on me Y/L/N." Itadori chuckles out. He rests his hands on his lap and you do the same. "Am I making you second guess his words or something? I was only messing around. Okkotsu doesn't seem to be the type to not be honest."

You rub your cheek where Itadori's just pinched in slow circular motions with your fingertips. "I wasn't thinking about that." You murmur softly. Your eyes nervously look away from Itadori and he slowly sits up straighter, noticing your tone. He reaches for a pillow to his right side and tightly hugs it.

Itadori rests his chin on top of the pillow with his gaze still fixated on you. He's waiting for you to speak. You're unsure if this topic should be brought up. But now that you're thinking about it, maybe you should get Itadori's view on the topic. Pursing your lips, you gulp the saliva that builds up in your mouth.

Your fingers nervously tuck a few stray hairs behind your ear. Parting your lips, you speak slowly. "Do you think it's weird for us to be such good friends without having strong feelings for one another?" You feel a sharp pull to your exposed ear. Itadori narrows his eyes on your face, gently tugging your ear.

"Did Okkotsu ask you something weird pertaining us? It's not like you to be so nervous like this around me." Itadori releases his hold on your ear after stating his thoughts. Your eyes meet his serious ones. Unable to verbally answer, you nod your head.

Itadori sighs loudly before ruffling his hair. He leans back, breaking from his straight posture. "He asked me something similar last night. He thought I had feelings for you when I was trying to play wingman." Your brows raise as you listen to Itadori.

His eyes dart down to the pillow in his arms. "I don't think it's weird for us to have this kind of bond. If anything, don't you think others are envious of it?" Itadori flashes you a smug grin. You can't help but laugh at his words and expression.

Itadori then clears his throat, a serious tone returning back to his voice. "You don't think it's weird either, right? It would be awkward if I were the only one to feel this way. If you like me, tell me right now Y/L/N. There's no use in bottling your feelings up." The last two sentences are playful when Itadori smirks.

You roll your eyes, scoffing, and shaking your head. "I don't think it's weird. I do know that our friendship is special. And if I were to ever fall in love with you, you'd be too stupid to notice Ita." Itadori's jaw drops as he dramatically gasps.

He tosses the pillow to the side before his arms fly towards your waist. You react much too slow to realize the tickle attack. "S-STOP. YOU'RE BEING CHILDISH NOW ITA!" Thunderous laughter escapes from the two of you when you attempt to tickle him at the same time.

"As if! I'm only stupid when it comes to academics Y/L/N!" Itadori bickers back out. He's relentless when it comes to teasing Y/L/N. Her face reddens from her heavy laughter. Seeing her happy makes him happy as well. But he knows when to stop.