The first encounter

Start from the beginning

"I gotta go. It was nice meeting you sir."

He looked as if he was about to say something but then I immediately ran away

Present-Meeting the colonel

We walked into his office and dad gave him a crisp salute. I saw his face and there was no more pain. He was calm and composed. His eyes reached mine and grew wide as if he remembers that day and recognizes me. I greeted him knowingly

"Sir, This is my daughter Kyra. I ensure you she will not cause you any trouble during her stay. I hand over her authority to you sir."

Dad looked at me warning me with his eyes speaking 'better behave'. I just gave him a nod showing 'I know'

"At ease Vince. She is my guest you don't have to worry about her. Focus on your mission. She will be safe here. You can leave now."

COLONEL'S POV

It was time for Vince to report along with his daughter.It will be the first time I will be meeting Kyra. Kyra is not his real daughter. Vince's wife, Mellisa was held captive by a terrorist organization to blackmail Vince and during those days they had tortured her. We rescued Mellisa and found her 2 week pregnant. It was a shock for Vince and he could not believe when Mellisa said that she will not abort the baby.

Vince said he could never love the daughter who had genes of that bastard. They both separated and I knew my boy could not stop loving Mellisa. When Mellisa died due to cancer she was on her death bed and ask Vince to take care of Kyra till she turns 18. Vince lost all his focus and I had a hard time teaching him senses. The boy lost focus in every single task and irritated the daylights out of me.

Things eventually got better and Vince was back to his normal self with a even cold exterior. I hope he is in good terms with his daughter because none of this is her fault. Let's see how has Mellisa raised her and how Vince is treating her.

2 minutes later they enter my office and I could not believe my eyes. She is Kyra! I wish I would have asked Vince earlier to introduce his daughter. She is the same girl I met 5 years ago with same innocence in her eyes. I look forward to her staying here!

"Sir can someone please lead me to the room I will be staying at?"

Why is she being so formal right now. I sure know Vince would have threatened her to behave. Haha this boy is so afraid of me even now!

"Sure. Make yourself comfortable I have to make a phone call "

I dialled Mindy's no waiting for her to pickup the call

"Good afternoon sir" I could hear her chewing sound before answering the call. She would have been having her lunch.

"Afternoon Mindy. Is the room prepared?"

"Yes sir."

"Report to my office. Were you having lunch?"

"Yes sir, but I will report right away"

"Have your lunch and then report"

"Ok sir"

I look at the girl sitting in front of me. She is so mature for her age. That day when I talked to her it felt as if I was talking to my mom residing in the little girl.

"So Kyra, I have been told about your school and have been asked to keep a check on your grades. What do you plan to do in your future?"

"I am not yet sure sir but I plan on doing a psychology major course sir."

Hmm psychology..I would have guessed that...she does not seem very happy when she said she does not know what she will do. I wonder if she has ever considered about joining army

"That is good."

I can see her hesitating a bit before speaking

"umm..Can I ask you a question sir?"

"Go ahead child"

"Can I go around the campus freely or are there some areas limited to my access. I mean can I use the facilities of the campus?"

Of course! Why would I limit her to the facilities! I wonder how Vince had been treating her!

"Definitely Kyra. You can use the campus facilities. I do not want you feeling all cooed up"

A sweet smile appears on her face and before she could say anything there is a knock on the door.

"Come in"

Mindy walks in with a serious face. Mindy is a very kind woman and I know they both will enjoy each other company

"Afternoon sir"

"Afternoon Mindy. This is Kyra, Lieutenant Colonel Vince's daughter. She will be using that room. Give her a tour of the campus and introduce her to some people. Please make her feel comfortable"

"Definitely sir. Hello Kyra. I am Mindy. I am the nutritionist here. Its nice to meet you"

"Its nice to meet you to ma'am"

"Please call me Mindy. Shall we leave sir?"

"Yes and Kyra if you feel unsafe or anyone bothers you I should be the first person you should be approaching."

"Yes sir. Thankyou for letting me stay here sir."

She is too polite. I remember Mallisa has the same polite gestures. She had raised her into a good person. I nod for them to leave. I hope Vince returns safely from the mission.

KYRA'S POV