Epilogue

A few months later...

The baby monitor blasted from atop his bedside table he immediately opened his eyes, the trained warrior in him on full alert as he grabbed the device, beside him Mia's eyes sleepily opened.

"I got this Sheikha." He murmured pressing a kiss against her tired mouth before getting off the bed and donning on his robe.

Exiting his chambers to the nursery next door, the guards quietly opened the double doors as he dismissed the oncoming maids bristling down the dim lit corridors.

Entering the room, he walked over to the cot, the piercing cry immediately soothing down to an unhappy whimper as he carefully picked up the newborn, his eyes as always amazed at the tiny life they had created as he nestled the baby closer against his chest. The sweet baby scent coupled with talcum powder a tranquility of their own he spent more days holding the little one in his arms than being in his office.

And he wouldn't have it any other way.

A tiny fist landed against his chest as the little pink mouth pouted cutely alerting him that a full-on sob was on the way that would have woken up half the palace. The very thought made him smile as he did a quick nappy change, the efficiency in his movements effortlessly done filled him with pride before he re-entered his chambers and found Mia awaiting him, her honey blond hair mussed from sleep, her eyes tired but bright with adoration, her lush mouth swollen with a gentle smile, her cheeks rounded and glowing and to him she had never looked more beautiful.

Placing the baby into her outstretched arms to be fed, he removed his robe before returning to bed. This, Ahmad thought was his favorite moment of the day, the desert sunset no longer a competitor as transfixed he looked down at the adorable pink mouth greedily latching on, the soft cry turning to suckles. Tearing his eyes away he looked to Mia as she was consumed by the baby in her arms, a real warrior he thought and could not have loved her any more than he already did. His mind flickered back to her lying on the hospital bed clutching his hands tightly, her nails biting into his skin, her hair damp and skin sweat soaked with a smile to her face only a mother can have as she gave birth with a strength that would be the backbone of their reign together.

A sound close to satisfaction had him looking down once more to the tiny bundle as bright deep blue eyes opened staring at him; he felt his heart stopped and being filled with a surging of love and fierce protection. An emotion he relished whenever they looked at each other.

Gathering Mia into his arms, he placed a kiss against her neck, a soft sigh of contented bliss left her lips as she tilted her head nuzzling into him.

"The naming ceremony is tomorrow." She said softly, "Are we settled on a name?" She asked as the baby made a soft sound capturing their twin gazes of adoration.

"It is the first time in history that Quadan will have a Princess as heir." He whispered adjusting her little pink cap over her dark head as her eyes fluttered shut once more, "She is the future to bring about the change that is needed but firstly she is and will always be our child before the title. The most beautiful baby ever made." He stated with fatherly pride unable to believe how perfect she really was.

"A hope for the nation." Mia replied, her voice a breathless wonder as she held their baby in her arms, her smile akin to reverence whenever she looked down at her perfect face, her prominent features so like her father Ahmad often teased that she would later develop her mother's fiery attitude. And then he would love her even more. She was their hope and their own slice of heaven.

"Emira." Ahmad stated, the name befitting a princess the baby smiled as though she knew, "She will be known as Princess Emira Alia bint Ahmad al-Quera of Quadan."

"Quite a royal mouthful." Mia teased as Ahmad bent his head to brush his lips against her own.

"I would always prefer your royal mouthful." He replied in a husky voice teasingly softly against her ear, he heard the hitch of her breath and arrogantly smirked as he took the baby into his arms lightly patting her back as he coaxed a burp out of her.

Burying her head against him to hide her burning cheeks, she heard his quiet chuckle all too aware that he knew of her blush, "What does Alia mean?" She asked after a moment as she risked a glance at him to find that he was, as always looking down at their daughter with open awe and adoration and she fell deeper in love with him all over again. Her lost boy finally found and Mia knew that this was one role that Ahmad was made for.

"Heaven." He answered spearing a glance at her as he dropped a kiss onto the baby's soft round cheeks, a little burp escaping her mouth and they rejoiced in the sound as only parents would, "She really is our heaven. Our God sent gift."

"And forever our peace." Mia whispered raising her head to press a kiss against his mouth.

Tightening his hold around Mia and their baby Ahmad had never felt more deserving to be King, his whole world in his arms; he would forever cherish and adore them both. "I love you." Ahmad said, his deep voice filled of emotion, "You are and will always be my beloved, my habibiti."

A/N:...and that's it. The final chapter but the happy ending did come. I can't imagine a sweeter start to the year than this. Thank you everyone. If I continue to say more, I might cry and so I'll say, vote, comment and be sure to check out The Billionaire Series available on my page- THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM, THE BILLIONAIRE'S MATCH, 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ARRANGED WIFE and THE BILLIONAIRE'S CHRISTMAS REVENGE. 

Lots of love, 

oxoxox...Allison :)