Chapter 1 - Breaking Curfew

Crybaby wraps a thin braid of black hair around her finger as she listens to Angelita, "After the other girls get here, we'll try to head out. I'll catch them up on the way, alright?"

The black braid falls from Crybaby's hands and lands in front of the embroidered heart patch on her school uniform. She signs, "That's all fine with me, but are you sure Magnolia is going to be on board with sneaking out?"

"She has to be. It's already planned," Angelita says, smirking playfully. She reaches into her pocket and pulls out her keys, opening the door to her dorm room. "If Maggie's really not okay with sneaking out, I'm sure Celeste and I can convince her."

Crybaby shrugs and sits down on Angelita's bed. Silk, white bedsheet, littered with tiny pictures of Hello Kitty cover the mattress. Crybaby looks up from the sheets to see Angelita closing the door.

"You're gonna make them knock?" Crybaby signs. "Are we even going to be here for that long?"

"If you want to wear your uniform to the park, go ahead. I'm not changing with the door open." Angelita smiles, tossing a hoodie onto the bed next to Crybaby.

"You have a bathroom." Crybaby signs. She gestures to the bathroom door.

"I can't lay out my clothes on the counter!" Angelita laughs, "I need room to plan my-"  A knock on the door interrupts her.

"I'll get it." Crybaby signs. She stands up, making her way to the door. On the other side was Fleur, wearing a grey hoodie with the text "K-12 Sleep Away" across the front. Peeking out from under the hoodie was the pink of her school uniform, which appears more like a skirt, when paired with the grey hoodie.

"Hey, I hope I'm not too late," Fleur says. Crybaby can already tell she's in for a ramble. "I wasn't sure what to wear, since Angelita insisted on not telling us what we're doing. I decided to-"

"Fleur!" Angelita interrupts, approaching the door. Now wearing black jeans and a matching "K-12 Sleep Away" hoodie, but in black, she invites Fleur into the dorm room. The matching attire assures Fleur she is dressed appropriately, for whatever they're doing tonight.

Walking back into the room, Angelita says, "You can sit on my bed with Crybaby, if you want. Just don't touch my roommate's stuff." She gestures to the right side of the room. "Maggie and Celeste still aren't here, but it's getting kinda late, so we might just leave without them."

"We can't do that! That's mean!" Fleur protests. "I can stay here and wait for them, while you two go. We'll catch up."

"Good suggestion, but you don't even know where to catch up at." Angelita points out. "We'll just wait a bit longer. They probably won't be long."

"No, we're gonna take a while," A head announces, peaking through the doorway.

"You should definitely just go without us." Says a second head.

"Finally!" Angelita cheers, running over to the door. "You two better like your outfits cause we've gotta go now." Motioning for Crybaby and Fleur to walk back out the door, she continues, "We've gotta go now. It's already almost midnight."

"Wait, we're leaving?" Magnolia questions, "It's fifty minutes after curfew."

"Who cares?" Angelita teases, "We won't get caught and we'll have fun. You have nothing to worry about."

"Fine," Magnolia says, "but if you get me in trouble, you're never allowed to make the plans again."

"It's not even a school night!" Angelita protests, "We will be fine!"

──────────────────────

After driving in the dark for about twenty minutes, Angelita finally parks her car. "We're here!" She announces with a smile.