She saw you lost in thought.

She spoke as she went back to wiping down with the wet cloth again."You heard about the Madrigals, right?" Kinda piquing your interest, "I think so...but I don't really know their powers or what they look like. But-" Looking at the baskets waiting for you to carry them back home. Aah geez, that's gonna be heavy.

"But what?" She asked, wanting you to continue. "But I saw the mural. But that's not like a picture or one of those really detailed paintings. So I don't really know what they look like." You continued, leaning against a wall in the shop. Crossing your arms while watching your mom work. 

She tossed something at you.

(Catch)

A Rag?

"Mind helping me wipe down the walls while we're talking?" She asked you. "Yeah, okay, I'll help..." Walking over to a bucket near her that had water to dunk the rags in. It has some soap bubbles floating on top of the surface. Twisting the rag to get out the excess water, to not spill water all over the floor. Going to the wall to start wiping it down. Keeping the conversation going, she continues.

"Well, you might see one of them today."

"Huh?!" You exclaimed while turning to look at her. "Yeah- I heard some people going towards the center of town to get some food-" 

She turned back to you, keeping some eye contact. "But guess what (Lifting one hand towards you)...it's Magical food." She wiggles her fingers as she says the "Magical " part. Smirking while she finished her statement. Then turning back to her area.

Questioning what she meant. "Magical food?" You questioned. "SOoo it doessss..." Dragging the last letter hoping she'll finish the sentence and answer your question. While you slowly wipe the wall horizontally, still peeking over to see if she responds.

"ThAt's actually, kind of the only thing I don't know," Pushing against the counter with her hands, looking back at you. 

"I just know it's one of the girls in their family. I heard someone say, "she's coming today." while they were walking past the shop," She said while dunking the rag into the soapy water.

"Okay- let me help you with the wall. I was already almost finished with the counter when you started here." Now standing next to you with a rag. Starting on the other half, both of you taking half of the wall. 

It was kinda nice.

Quiet, too, with it still being early. Some people walking out and about. Birds chirping and flying in the sky.

A cool breeze came through the shop. An audible shiver came from you. 

"PFfft-" You turned to see what made that sound. Mom quickly said, "Sorry! Sorry- I just (chuckle) I thought I was the only one who felt that."  

"Oh! Yeah- You felt that too?" You questioned your mom while rubbing your arm to heat up. She answered you, "Yeah, the cool breeze probably came through one of the openings..."

Breathing in the clean air through your lungs. As you took a step back to see if you missed a spot on your side of the wall. Mom spoke up, "I think I got it from here. We only have the top part left." She said while following your moves, then looking back at the work you guys did. The tiles glistened, with barely any soap on them, but the smell was there—a clean, fresh smell.