Plan in action! Wait what?!

The day he walked out of his house heading to the bus stop is the day she saw him for the first time and me. Atlas walked up to the bus stop were Belle and I were both standing. 

"Hey! Atlas glad to see you again!" I spoke, I had been gone all summer so he didn't see me until now. 

"hey" he replied back. Hey?! That's it! seriously, just a hey to a person you haven't seen in two months! What best friend does that!

"Hello, I have never seen you before, are you new?" Atlas had started speaking to Belle. 

"Oh, yeah I am new" She said looking down at her phone, probably sending a tweet or something stupid. Also he voice very uninterested. 

"Well, I am Atlas if you need someone to hangout with or talk to!" Atlas tried carrying on with conversation. 

"k." her response very frail, as if you were to touch it would break.   

"What's your name?" he tried a another time. 

"belle" again still frail. 

the bus drove around the street corner in a convent time. I could tell by Belle's body langue she didn't want to talk to atlas. Why wouldn't she though? He's so kind and funny, that grown up kind of funny not just little kid, he's sensitive about his feelings, and understands the way people feel even when he's never experienced anything close to it. Why wouldn't this ignorant  , self centered girl not want to talk to the amazing person that Atlas is. Why? I know and her thoughts weren't pretty.