Fireworks

"Genya! C'mon!" A long-haired boy insisted, pulling his friend through the crowd. It was New Years Eve, and a group of college students had been attending the fireworks. "Mui, where we going?" The taller boy —Genya— asked, a large boom going off. Muichiro turned around and smiled fir a minute. "Trust me, alright?" Thankfully, he turned around fast enough so he couldn't see his friend's cheeks turning red. They were now further from the crowd, and were near th spot where they first met -an old oak tree. Muichiro let go of Genya's hand, and basically teleported on one of the tallest branches. I forget he's so fast. What is he, Flash? Those were Genya's thoughts as he watched him climb the tree. Mui scooted over, and patted the space next to him. "Climb up!" Genya opened his mouth to protest, but decided against it. He climbed up the branches, and sat against him. "Why are we here again?" The scarred boy asked, playing with a strand of the other's hair. Muichiro pointed off in the distance, where a large, gold-green firework burst into the sky. "A better view. Aren't they pretty?" Genya nodded, and watched the bright colors puncture the clear night sky. Bright bursts of gold, green, red, pink and blue illuminated the duo. Occasionally, there was some teal, purple, and orange thrown in as-well. But, eventually, Genya's attention turned away from the fireworks to the boy beside him. He looks so pretty. But, he looks a little sad. I wonder what's wrong? Genya gently nudged his younger friend, who seemed to snap out of something? "Hey, you look sad. What's wrong?" The long-haired boy gave him a sad smile. "Your observant, aren't you? Were you staring at me?" He teased playfully. Genya blushed slightly, but continued to pester him until he gave in. "Well, my parents loved seeing the fireworks. They would take us every single time. Nii-san would complain, but he liked it too. I guess, the fireworks just remind me of my parents." Genya could relate to him. His parents and siblings had died, and many things reminded Genya of them too. He sub-consciously slipped his hand through Mui's. When Muichiro noticed, his cheeks flushed, but he didn't say anything. The two made it so obvious they liked eachother, but they were too shy to admit it. It drove their friends crazy! Especially Zenitsu. He was always telling the two to start dating. It embarrassed both of them, but they didn't mind the idea. But, they didn't tell Zenitsu that of course. Watching the fireworks together was enough for the taller boy though. Someone in the crowd checked their phone, amd turned to their friends. "Have you seen Genya and Muichiro?" A kind, worried voice asked his blonde friend. The blonde rolled his eyes, illuminated in yellow light as another firework went off. "The lovebirds probably ran off together." He shifted his arm around a girl sleeping on his shoulder, protecting her from the crowd. "If you say so, Zenitsu." The burgundy-haired boy replied, his hanafunda earring brushing past his neck. Somebody began counting down from 20, and everyone joined in. It got so loud, Muichiro and Genya could pick it up from their spot. "Only 5 more seconds! I'm so excited!" Muichiro exclaimed, both happy and tired. Genya smiled, and counted down with them. "3! 2! 1!! Happy New Yeaar!" Muichiro yelled it out along with everyone else, barely keeping his balance on the branch. A huge procession of fireworks go of, coating the screams and yells of joy with red and gold light. And idea popped into the taller's head, as the smaller boy turned towards him with a smile. "Isn't that a great way to start the new ye-!!" His eyes widened, as Genya pushed his face to his. Their kiss was small and short, covered by the golden fireworks. When Genya pulled away, he was a little embarrassed. "Good way to start the new year, huh?" Muichiro was still processing it, but it eventually clicked. He likes me. Mui pecked him on the lips, which was his way of saying 'I like you back.' The two sat in an empty silence, until the older heard their names being called. Muichiro had fallen asleep long ago, and lay on Genya's shoulder. Soon, Yuichiro, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Mitsuri appeared first out of there group. Zenitsu saw them first, and called them out. "Genya! Muichirooo! Where were youuu?" He stopped yelling after Genya motioned to his sleeping partner. Genya took him bridal style, and jumped down carefully so he wouldn't get up. Fortunately, he didn't. The others appeared, and asked him what happened. So, on the way to their dorm, he had to re-tell the story many times. Yuichiro wasn't very happy, but he mumbled something about 'as long as my little brother is happy.'

A/N
Eeeehhh? Almost 2.0k reads??! I LOVE YOU GUYS SM WHERE YOU COMING FROM? STILL LOVE YOU GUYS ❤️❤️❤️💕💕. Happy New Years!!! It's not 2022 for me yet, but I felt like writing a GenMui oneshot about it. I HAVE MORE I SWEAR- Anyway Happy New Years!!