She had a wakeup call after I was found but I knew that was only because dad threatened to divorce her and cut off the money she gets along with any extra assets from his empire. She's been dead to me since and any interaction I have with her now is always forceful.

I lock my door before stripping and walk into the bathroom for a much-needed shower. My skin is covered in patches of red by the time I've scrubbed off all the grime, sweat and blood. I close my eyes as I pamper my hair and body until I no longer feel disgusting.

After I'm done I wrap a towel around myself and with a barely audible sigh I pad over to the mirror before wiping my hand across the fogged glass. My tired eyes stare back at me framed with dark long lashes. I rake a hand through my wet jet-black hair before glancing at the mirror again. My light brown skin is paler, indicative of the days spent in darkness.

After slathering on some moisturizer to my skin I walk out to my bedroom. Grabbing my sports bra and leggings, I start changing into them before catching sight of my body in the mirror. People think I'm addicted to tattoos with how many I have but they're just a coverup for my scars. A new scar equals a new tattoo. If people only looked hard enough they'd realize how strategically placed they all are.

The thought brings tears to my eyes as my gaze roams over all the flaws I find. It's so hard to love you now that you're ruined, I think to myself. I never wanted tattoos but then again, I never wanted scars either. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

With a deep exhale I quickly finish changing before throwing a hoodie and shoes on. I make my way down to the gym where someone is always working out. People bore holes into my head with their stares as I walk up to the ring where my brother, Cameron, is winning a spar by a mile.

He knocks the guy out with ease before his green eyes find mine. We're both mixed because of our mother but Cam looks less like he was born in Venezuela than I do. Our mother got to pick his name too whereas our father picked mine. Relief fills them only to be shadowed by concern when he notices how bruised I am.

"You up for one more round?"

"You just got out of isolation." He grunts as he crosses his arms angrily.

"Yes, I'm aware." I drawl sarcastically with a playful smile. "I'm being sent on another assignment so I might as well see if I've still got it."

"You're one of our top fighters and a killer sniper. I don't think you need to test that theory out...ever." A familiar, feminine voice cuts in and I smirk before turning to face the petite woman.

"Elenora."

"It's Els or Ellie!" My best friend snaps like usual before pouting. "Come give me a hug."

I chuckle before giving in. Cameron sighs in defeat when I turn to him again before gesturing for me to enter the ring. I wrap my hands before we start sparring and it doesn't take long for everyone to wander over and watch us. I smirk when I dodge multiple blows from him before striking his jaw.

"Too slow and unfocused Marcie." He drawls teasingly right after he lands a brutal uppercut.

He chuckles when he lands a punch to my ribs next but it's cut off when I kick his side. The pace picks up and I manage to draw out blood, knocking him to the ground before he taps out. The crowd of people holler and cheer my name which makes me smile. He rolls his eyes when I grin at him before shoving me so I smack against the ropes.

"You know I'm better! Mal perdedor!" I exclaim with a laugh as I steady myself. [Sore loser]

"Cállate! One day your head's going to be too big to fit through any doors around here." He grins cheekily as he takes a swig of his water. [Shut up!]