Chapter 34 (revised)

Start from the beginning

He looked at his fidgety hands. "They'll leave you alone if I leave you."

I shook my head, chuckling. "You always did think you had to everything alone."

It was silent.

"Roy." My voice broke. "You know I don't beg... but I'm begging you.. don't do this."

He stood up. "I'm sorry."

"Fuck you!"

"Hunter!" He stepped closer. "Please... please understand."

I stepped back. "Is it Rebecca?"

He immediately froze.

"Is that why she was here?" I took a shaky breath. "Is that it?"

"No." He almost whispered. "No, she has nothing to do this." He shook his head.

"Then what?!" My heart was racing at this point.

"I'm not happy!" He blurted out.

I took a breath, stepping back, his words shaking my core. This wasn't Roy speaking, no, it sounded like someone completely different. "This isn't who I fell for."

"You don't know a damn thing about me! I don't feel the same!"

"Liar! I've seen the way you look at me! You can't fake that! No one can!" I took a shaky breath. "Roy... I'm in."

He looked tense. "Well I'm not."

I almost wanted to break at that. I shut my eyes, this time allowing my emotion to show. What am I trying to argue with?

It's clear he wants to go, even though I'm begging him not to.

Whatever. I'm not going to make him stay. If he wants to go, he can go.

"Hunter.." I allowed him to step closer and cup my cheek, he ran his thumb across it lightly.

My heart melted at his touch, just like it had always done, and it ached for more because part of me knew this would be the last time.

And I couldn't talk us out of this one.

He kissed me, a different type of kiss. It was long and deep, never wanting to let up; a desperate kiss.

He pulled away, resting his forehead against mine. The colour of his eyes ruined with heart ache.

I knew that no matter how hard I could fight for us, I would not be able to shake us out of this one, and knowing that almost destroyed.

"I'm doing this for you."

"Get out." I stepped away him, tired of this. I kept my eyes down, not wanting to see him.

There was silence again.

He hesitated, but eventually he made himself leave our home.

My eyes teared up when I heard him grab his coat. I took a shaky breath, trying to suppress my sobs.

He paused, as if there was anything else to say. When I had nothing else to say, he left.

I flinched at the sound of the door and I allowed my sobs to leave my mouth when I heard him step off the final step.

Not you too.

(Roy's POV)

"Get out." She stepped away from me. She kept her eyes down.

You don't understand why I have to do this... but it's for the best.. I hope.

There was silence.