"Remy—"

"It's my wedding, Em. It's only going to happen once, I don't get a redo at this. Please, don't ruin it," she requested, her voice going softer.

"Remy, whatever happened or happens between Adam and me, I'm not going to let it ruin your wedding, don't worry."

"You have no idea how much that means to me. I do. Because I know how important he was to you."

"Keyword being 'was'," I added.

"Do you still hate him that much?"

"I don't hate him. I hate what he did."

"No. You hate him. You just hate him because of what he did. It's not the situation you hate. It's him. And it shows."

"Look, I'm sure Aspen doesn't appreciate you talking shit about his brother, so—"

"Oh no, he's nodding his head in agreement."

I sighed, "I don't know what to say to that."

"Why? You don't like us being on your side?"

"No, I don't, actually. I don't want either one of you to pick a side. I know you don't talk to Adam because of me, please stop doing that. It makes me feel like shit."

"Don't. I'm on your side."

"That doesn't help. I'm not even on my own side. Not that I'm on his side, but... I don't know. We both fucked it up."

She paused for a long moment. "At least you know it. All right, well, we just got to the airport, so I'm going to hang up. I shall see you in Marbella."

"See you. Have a safe flight."

"You too, bye."

I tossed my phone on the bed beside me and groaned, letting my head hit the pillow as I fell back and lay down.

It's true. We both fucked it up.

»»———— ➴ ————««

I sat in front of our boarding gate, one knee crossed over the other, my small backpack sitting in my lap while I held onto my passport and boarding pass along with my phone. I let out a frustrated breath, staring at the long queue. From the looks of it, it's going to be another long while before there's finally enough room for the crowd to move through. Apparently, there's a celebrity on board.

Was it an athlete or a boxer? Or wait, was it an actor?

I'm not sure, but everybody on this flight has been rushing in since then. I didn't spot any famous faces but one guy came to the counter to get on the plane and suddenly, a group of teenage girls swarmed him, then a group of teenage boys followed, and then adult women and men did too, pushing their kids forward. Some kids knew the famous guy and the others were just being used by their parents to get ahead in line.

Suddenly, my phone rang in my pocket. I answered it, reading Megan's name. "Hey," I exhaled, standing up, leaving my cardigan on the seat while tucking my passport and boarding pass into my pocket.