Chapter 49 - Are We Gonna Have a Problem?

Começar do início

Aurora's two oldest siblings, Corbin and Cosette, turned to Aurora in unison when she sat down. "Who do we have to beat up?" they asked together, cracking their knuckles.

Aurora's eyes widen.

Reagan chuckled. The twins were very much being the twins again. "Don't worry," she responded. "She's going have a very stern talking-to from a lot of our cast and she's going to be kicked from our show," she told them.

The twins shared a look.

"No." Cosette shook her head. "I-" she coughed when Corbin elbowed her, "-we don't think that's enough."

"Cosette! Corbin!" Mrs. Delacour scolded as she brought two plates over to the table.

"Désolé, maman," Corbin responded sheepishly.

"Maman," Cosette groaned, "we're just protecting our siblings!" she exclaimed.

Mrs. Delacour shook her head. "Do it with less violence involved," she told her, pointing her ladle at her, her eyes stern.

Cosette rolled her eyes. "Oui maman," she grumbled as she continued eating.

Mrs. Delacour set a plate down in front of Reagan and another one down in front of Aurora. "There you go, girls. Enjoy." She smiled and walked away.

"Merci," Aurora and Reagan chorused.

"We'll just talk to her," Corbin told Aurora.

"With our fists," Cosette added grumpily, stabbing her eggs with her fork.

"Cosette Amara Delacour!"

Cosette groaned, throwing her fork down. "Maman!"

Aurora and Reagan exchanged a look, them giggling together.

At the theater

Reagan held Aurora's hand tightly in her own. "We got this," she whispered to her. "We're going to be okay. I'm here for you," she assured her.

Aurora nodded.

Reagan had texted Jesse earlier that day and asked him if him and his dad could meet with her and Aurora a few minutes before rehearsal.

A lot of the other cast was already at the theater, but since Aurora and Reagan were going in through another door, they wouldn't notice them.

Mrs. Delacour had dropped the two girls off since Aurora couldn't really walk.

Mr. Miller told them to meet him in his office, which was where they were headed now.

"What's on your mind?" Reagan whispered to Aurora as they walked slowly.

Aurora took a shaky breath in. "I'm just nervous and in pain," she answered, her voice at a whisper.

Reagan frowned. "I'm sorry."

Aurora shook her head. "It's not your fault," she whispered.

When they got to the office, Reagan slowly pushed the door open.

Mr. Miller, Mr. Johnson, and Jesse were all in there.

Jesse saw Aurora's face first and he gasped.

Mr. Johnson's eyes widened. Then, they softened.

Mr. Miller looked shocked. "Aurora," he started. It was obvious he didn't know what to say, "how are you? I think that's the most important question," he said.

"I'm uh-" Aurora looked up at Reagan. "In pain?" she answered meekly.

Mr. Miller nodded, a frown on his face. "Are you alright?" he asked. "What happened? Is there a way I can help?"

Reagan smiled slightly. She squeezed Aurora's hand. He wants to help.

Aurora took a deep breath in. She explained what happened the day before with Juliet.

"She has injuries on her forearm and a huge bruise on her stomach," Reagan added when Aurora finished. "We tried treating them for the night, but Madame Delacour is taking her to the doctor after rehearsal," she explained.

Jesse looked at his father, his eyes wide. "This, the mentions of her being rude to Eliasz, and all of the stuff that's happened before this with her misgendering people on purpose and being rude and stuff could be enough to get her..." he trailed off.

"Expelled." Mr. Miller nodded as he pulled papers out of his desk.

Aurora looked up at Reagan, her eyes wide.

"Aurora," Mr. Miller looked up at her again, "I'm so sorry that you had to go through that and that no one was there to help," he apologized. "I do not tolerate this in my theater, so rest assured that Juliet will definitely not be back after today," he assured her.

Both Aurora and Reagan smiled.

"You don't have to be here today, Aurora," Mr. Miller added.

Aurora shook her head. "No, no, I love this place," she responded. "I love this cast and I love rehearsing. I don't want to miss any more time," she told him.

Mr. Miller smiled.

"I don't want to see you dancing or walking," Mr. Johnson told her sternly.

Aurora nodded. "My mom already banned me from dancing," she mumbled.

Reagan chuckled. "Banned is a strong word, but yes, she did."

"We'll get you a chair and you can sit with all of us," Jesse told Aurora with a smile. "We'll just dance around you for the next few days." He grinned cheekily. "It can't be that hard."

Mr. Johnson and Mr. Miller exchanged a look, chuckling.

Their chuckles were cut off by the door opening abruptly.

Gabriel stood in the doorway, his eyes wide and him breathing hard. "Juliet sent a video to the whole cast with Emilio's past and Emilio ran out crying!" he exclaimed.

1342 Words
Yay, drama
I'm posting two chapters today because I want to and I feel sick, so comments are nice