14

The Spider-Man crawled across the ceiling and hit the cobweb and Ned's mum thanked him.

"Ned," MJ whispers to her friend, "I think you should try it again until we get the right Peter."

"Ouch." The Peter in your room said sarcastically, unsticking himself from the wall.

"Sorry." Ned says, apologising for his friend.

"You look really similar to the Peter from my universe." You admit, looking to the guy who was standing awkwardly in the corner, "You don't recognise me, do you?"

"No, well, not before yesterday," He admits.

"What do you mean?" You ask, a little weirded out.

"I saw you in a forest," He says itching the back of his neck, "I think you saw me too actually."

"Oh," You sigh in relief, "That explains a lot."

"Yeah, I would've helped I just.. didn't want to scare you or anything." He continued, changing his solemn tone to a brighter one, "But it's cool to meet you."

You smile at the sound of his voice. It was exactly the same as your dead friend and made you miss him all the more.

"Is your name like Petra or something then?" He asks, "Like cuz you're the girl version of Spider-Man."

"No, it's just Y/n.. Y/n Y/l/n, there is a Peter Parker in my universe though."

"So there's two.. err.. spider-people in your universe then? That's epic."  He says, motioning to your suit.

"Yeah," You say, not really wanting to tell him the truth but you knew you had to, "Well, no. He was killed so I took his place."

"Oh.." Peter said, noticing the tears in your eyes and not knowing what to say, "I lost people too if that makes you feel any better.."

His voice dried before uttering a single name, it was barely audible even with your spider senses.

"..Gwen."

The depressing silence was interrupted by Ned and MJ squabbling about how to close a portal.

It seemed a huge orange circle was glowing in front of them, and inside it stood a middle aged man dressed in casual clothes. Maybe they'd just found a random man named Peter.

It was quite funny actually.

"I..err.. I saw the portal so I.. I just walked through." He says, noticing everyone staring at him.

"What's your name." MJ blurted, stepping back from the imposter.

"Peter Parker." He says, "I don't really know why I'm.."

He stops mid sentence, noticing you and the other Peter standing together on the other side of the room.

He suddenly, shot webs out from his hand, dirtying the table.

The Peter you were sat beside avoided the webs and shot some back at the attacker whereas, you weren't so lucky.

Your leg was stuck and you had to rip the webs open and prepare to attack.

However, by the time you'd got yourself out of the mess, MJ and Ned were standing between the two of them.

"Stop fighting." Ned says, "You're all Spider-Men or, Spider-Women if you prefer."

"Look, we need to find Peter," MJ says, looking between the newcomers, "Our Peter."

"And who are you two?" The older one of the two Peter's asks.

"I'm Ned and this is MJ." Ned says, holding his ground.

"Oh, Mary Jane?" Peter guessed, maybe he had an MJ back in his universe.

"No, Michelle Jones." MJ corrects him before continuing, "Do you know where Peter could be?"

Everyone thought for a few seconds with the News faintly continuing in the background before the older guy spoke up.

"Well, does he have a place that he likes to go when it all.. you know.." He trails off but the other Peter finished his sentence.

"When it all gets too much and you just want to be alone and think." The Peter in a suit finishes.

"Mine was the Chrysler building," The older one says.

"Empire State," The other Peter adds, knowing that his was better, "Better views and all."

"Yeah, I totally get it." The older one says.

You knew that it definitely wasn't the right time to tell them that yours was the top of a random pizza place.

"Actually," MJ says, her eyes wide with realisation, "I think I know where he'll be."

A/n- thanks for the comments they're really nice :)