Chapter 1 : Determined

POV Liam:

Me: RUN! AS FAST AS YOU CAN! I'M CALLING THE COPS!

She: He... Li... AHHHHHH!!!

Bip...Bip...Bip...

"DAMN!"

Louis was already making a call.

Him: Yeah, that's it, hurry up.

He hung up. I took my coat and walked to the door.

"Where are you going?"

I stopped and looked at him.

- What do you think? I'm gonna find that girl.

I was trying to go again but I was interrupt a second time by my best friend who was calling me.

- Batman!?

- Yes?

- I'm coming with you. Superman could be helpful.

We hurry to get into my car and turn on the engine. Thankfully, there was no red light on the way because I was driving at full speed. I was so anxious. I was so scared for her. You know how protective I am, how much I care about the people around me. Now, it was different, indeed, but there was this feeling... I could feel it... I knew I could do something. First, she was a Directioner. Secondly, she was in danger. And finally, she asked us for help. I didn't know where she was now. I didn't know what happened. I didn't know who she was. All I knew was that we had to found her.

"Do you think something bad happened to her?"

- I don't know, Lou. I don't know...

We heard police sirens and we saw two cops cars with flashing lights on passing us.

- They outstripped us.

- I hope it makes a difference.

We got in the street the girl pointed out. I got out, followed by Louis and I ran to the gathering of police officers.

"So?" I asked, a little bit out of breath.

Officer: You're the one who called?

I was going to answer but my friend spoke before me.

Lou: It's me, but he was on the one who was on the phone with her.

Me: Is she with you?!

Officer: No. We are searching the area for now, but we have no clue, no tracks, nothing.

"What's her name?"

- Hum... We don't know...

- You don't know her name? he interrogated us.

- No.

He thought it was doubtful.

- So why were you on the phone with her?

Lou: Listen. We wanted to call a random person, living in the country. It was her and a guy was following her. He was strange and she was scared. I informed you before we heard her scream. We took her cellphone number. You can surely use it.

- Alright, everything is clear now.

"I will have to ask you a few questions before letting you go."

Me: I...Hum...I'm going for a walk...Searching...

Louis: Everything's ok, Liam?

- Yeah, yeah, don't worry.

I walked away from them, feeling the worried look of Tommo on me. I was walking fast. I didn't know where to go, where to search, but I was looking in every street. An hour later, I realized it was pointless. The man must have kidnapped her. They were already far away. I decided to come back. I was surprised and quite relieved to see that Louis waited for me, even with the icy wind that lashed London that day. But when I summarized the situation in my head, it wasn't that happy. What if someone hurt him? I don't know if I could have forgiven myself. It wouldn't have been my fault but I would feel bad anyway. When I arrived close to the officer's car, I heard a lot of radio sounds. It wasn't the office. Some Talkie Walkies were on the front seat.

???: Any news?

???: Clear.

???: Same here.

It seems like the channel was from the ones that was searching for her. I had a terrible desire to take one.

If I take only one, no one will notice. And I'll have more details about the localisation and the identity of that girl.

I wanted to help. I couldn't resist. I took the object and hid it in the large inside pocket of my coat. I joined Louis and we got in the car. Then, I was determined to find her.