Chapter 27: Reunite

Start from the beginning

I had quickly hugged hum, flashing him a smile before focusing on my dad. "Noah meet my dad, dad meet Noah. My boyfriend." He smiled at the both of us, tears filling his eyes. "It's a pleasure to meet you." Noah had walked up, sticking his hand out.

My father met his hands, and after shaking it, he spoke again. "Has he been good to you?" I laughed quietly at his question. Flashbacks of him being protective over me, came rushing back to me.

"More than good dad. He's perfect." I smiled again, this time the smile stuck on my face. It was genuine, more genuine than ever. "He better be." I laughed again, walking up to him and wrapping my hands around his torso, this time not letting go.

---

"No way! Really?!" My dad laughed as we told him everything from how me and Noah met, to now. My heart burst with joy seeing how he was so happy for me. And seeing how he was getting along with Noah, was all I could have ever asked for.

"Where's the restroom?" Noah had gotten up after the question was asked. "Why don't I show you." He looked down at me and I flashed him a smile. "We'll be back in a flash." My dad told me before heading off.

This was like a dream come true. "DIXIE OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!" I heard my mothers voice, as well as her banging. After that night I hadn't expected her to try anything again. "DO IT BEFORE I BREAK IT DOWN!"

Out of panic I ran to where Noah was. I couldn't face her, especially not alone. The only reason I had made it that night was because I had Noah right beside me. I couldn't do it again, especially not now after dad was here.

"Is that your mom?!" Noah whispered loudly to me. My dad was in the bathroom, but I doubt he that he didn't hear what was going on. After all, the banging on the door only continued and got severely louder by the second. My ears felt like they were going to bleed.

I nodded not being able to speak. I was scared. More than I have been in a really long time. When my mother doesn't get her way, she chooses violence. I doubt that she changed her ways. She's still a fucking psychopath, just like she always has been.

"I'll take care of her, you stay here, and make sure you dad doesn't come out, she can't know he's here." Before I could even protest he left. Her yelling didn't die down, and I was certain she was actually going to break down the door if Noah hadn't opened it for her.

"Woah. You don't have to do this, we can handle this the right way." I saw Noah put his hands up from the corner. I didn't dare to come outside, I listened to him. But I was so close to running up in front of him when I saw my mother holding a gun.

"I know my daughters here. And I don't care if she comes out or not. I just need her to know, she will never escape me. And for her actions, come consequences." My heart started beating insanely fast, just like the night she came at the door.

"Say bye bye." Was the last thing I heard before a gunshot went off. My father had exited the bathroom, being quite aware of what was happening. Maybe even before I did, because when I saw the love of my life falling to the floor after being shot, I couldn't see nor hear a single thing.

Not until I snapped out of it and ran. A scream left my body. One that I never knew I had in me. But when I saw the hummer hole in his chest, blood covering the perimeter, my heart left my body. I didn't know what to do. Everything felt like it was my fault.

I could've opened the door. It could've been me who got shot, but no. Noah did. The love of my fucking life just got shot for something he shouldn't have had anything to do with. "NOAH! NO. PLEASE NO!" Tears were quick to leave my eyes.

My hands ran across his body, trying to gain his attention. But all I saw was a smile smile flashed at me before staring at the ceiling. "DAD CALL 911 HE NEEDS TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL! I CANT LOSE HIM, PLEASE!"

Before I could even finish my dad had made the call. Ambulances came soon after, taking Noah. They took my world, and now all I could do was hope he would make it.

This was all my fault. Just because I couldn't face my mother. I should've been the one who died, not him. But it doesn't matter, because if I lose Noah, there would be no more reason for my existence.

Please baby, make it. For me. For our future. Please. I need you.

---

HEYYYYY!! This chapter took a turn real quick, yikes😳 As always I hope you guys enjoyed!! I wish that you all had an amazing new year, and I can't wait to show you all everything that I have in mind for my writing. I love you all from the bottom of my heart<33 Till the next time 😉
Word count: 1619