Chapter Six

After leaving the office I  head upstairs to the master bedroom dropping down on the bed face buried in the pillow as you sob.
The hurt in Alex's voice and on her face killed you. The guilt was eating you alive. Why didn't I  just talk to them that night. Why did Claudia's words easily plague your mind? This is all my fault. If I  had just talked to them about it none of this would of happened. Now all you can do is lie here waiting out your fate.

Casey's POV:
Arriving home i had hoped things would be better between you two unfortunately that was not the case. Alex has been talking to me for the better part of an hour going over what has taken place. As much as I am hurt by your words I try to be the voice of reason. Alex is stubborn and prideful and knowing that she let her guard down with you only to be hurt was a hard pill for her to swallow.
"Alex." I say calmly. "She's 26 years old of course she has doubts. This is her first real relationship. She's young, she's still learning, and she's scared."
"Why?! Why is she scared? We haven't given her a reason to be!" Alex screams.
"I don't know why are you?" I ask pointedly.
Alex stops in her tracks looking at me with a dumbfounded expression.
"I'm not scared! I'm pissed. I'm pissed at Claudia and her games! I'm pissed at y/n for her naiveness and actions. I'm not scared Casey I'm pissed off!" Alex screams as she hangs over me from my spot in the chair.
I give her a minute to clam down before I speak again.
"Alex, you know as well as I do that you're more hurt than anything else. You don't open up much and it's hard for you to trust someone. Throughout this entire process the only person you've ever opened up to was me. However, all of that changed once y/n walked through the door. " I say in a clam tone. I motion for her to take the chair beside me trying to get through to her. I take both of her hands and place them in mine and make sure she keeps eye contact with me.
" I know it's hard for you to allow someone in. And you did and now you've gotten hurt. That happens Alex. You think our relationship has been easy through the years ? That we've never hurt each other unintentionally? That happens when you let someone close to you. And yes, it sucks but that's life baby. That girl upstairs loves you and me unconditionally. And I know you love her as much as I do. That's why your upset. Unfortunately, anger seems to be the only emotions you like to portray to the outside world but that doesn't work with me and you know it!" I tell her.
She sighs, letting out a small sob. She's heartbroken and she knows I'm right.
"How can you be so clam and level headed about this? She asks me.
I laugh a little "well someone has to be. Between you and y/n I have to be the voice of reason in this house." I say giving her a playful smile.
"Honey, I love you. All of you. And I love y/n too. We have to be able to talk about things and get to the bottom of it without someone shutting down and running away. "
Alex knows I'm right and she hates it. She rolls her eyes but gives me a small smile.
"I know. I lost my temper today. I shut her out and as much as it killed me I couldn't bring myself to a halt. " she says sighing hanging her head low.
"I know honey. You need to work on that. However, we need to talk to y/n and get to the bottom of all of this. As much as it kills me she believed Claudia we both know how convincing she can be. " I tell Alex.
She nods her head in agreement with me. I stand up to take her into my arms. Alex clings to me silently crying into my shoulder. I just hold her rubbing my hand up and down her back trying to calm her. Quietly whispering words of affection in her ear.
When she finally calms down she lifts her head  for our lips to meet. The kiss is soft and full of emotions. Emotions Alex only ever shows in front of me or y/n. I kiss her back trying to convey in this kiss just how much I love her. She slowly pulls back from me and looks at me with a sad smile. I lean in to kiss her forehead and then pull back.
"Alright, let's go talk to our girl. Yeah?" I ask.
She nods her head and follows as we head upstairs.