A hand caresses the forehead of Sana, breaking her sleep. She opens her eyes to find Sumitra smiling at her. She gets up surprised and then looks around to realise that she is in Sidharth's house.
"Kya hua? Thik ho?"
She asks and Sana nods her head to say yes.
"Did you sleep well last night?"
"Hmm.."
"Good. Now go and get fresh. Come to the table and have your breakfast."

Sana walks out to the dining table in a simple salwar suit. Sumitra brings a plate of paratha and curd with two cups of tea. Sana looks at the plate and smiles. She breaks a piece of bread and dips it in curd and puts it in her mouth. Her hands get messy but she grins,
"Yum.. Gobi ke parathe? I am having them after a long time. Mum used to make them and feed them. Baad mein Dadi ne kaha we need to eat healthy in the morning. Hmm.. so tasty.."
Sumitra smiles at her, "Main khila dun? You are making a mess here."
Sana nods her head and Sumitra starts feeding her.

"Aunty, Thank you for this."
She touches her cheek,"Thank you kis liye?"
Her eyes fill with water, "For feeding me, like Mum."
"Bache, I am your mother. Call me Ma."
She wipes her eyes as she says. Sana smiles and nods her head.

After breakfast, Sumitra brings a box to the table where she was sitting. She takes out two gold bangles and slips them into Sana's wrists.
"Aaj tumhari mu dikhai honi chahiye thi. These are my mother-in-law's bangles. This is all I have. After your uncle left, I had to sell most of my jewellery to repay the loans. Hope you like this."
Sana touches them, "I love them. They are beautiful. Thank you aunty, sorry Ma."

Sumitra sits on the dining table and Sana sits beside her as she cuts vegetables.
"Ma, where is Shalini?"
"She had something important at college. So, she left in the morning for Pune."
"And he?"
Sumitra smiles," Sid? Kaam pe gaya hai. Shehnaaz bache, I will tell you one thing, just give time to your relationship. You both are from different worlds, so it will be tough to adjust. Just give a little time for understanding each other. I am sure things will work out between you both."
"Waise bhi he is not a stranger. You know him. He is afterall your childhood friend. Remember?"
Sumitra winks at her.

Sana enters the bedroom. Her bag was left open after she had taken out her clothes to wear in the morning. Giving out a sigh, she walks towards it. She has to learn to do her work by herself from now on. She somehow gathers the dresses strewn around the floor and puts them inside the suitcase. But it doesn't close. She tries her best but nothing happens. Frustrated, she hits her hand on the wardrobe behind and winces in pain. Just then a note catches her eyes. She pulls it out and reads it.
I have made space in the wardrobe. You can put your clothes in them. I know that might not be enough for you. But this is what I can give you.
Sidharth.

She opens the wardrobe to find hangers and shelves left empty for her. She picks out a few of her clothes and starts arranging them on the shelves. Satisfied with her work, she smiles. She now looks at his clothes. Nothing fancy but minimal things arranged neatly in the space. A few formal shirts in mostly white and other pastel shades, some plain t-shirts, denims, formal Chinos and other trousers and a few checkered shirts.
"Bas itna hi hai. How can one survive with such limited options?"
She closes the wardrobe and turns around.

This is the first-time she looks at the room properly. On the wall is his father's photograph. The posters that were present when they were young are long gone. At the corner lies his guitar case.
"So, you still play? Of course. You said something about playing in a band. I wish you would play something for me like old times."
Her face saddens, tears come into her eyes. She goes to the bed and buries her face into the pillow to cry. A little later, she turns her face to the side table where there's a photograph of Sidharth with his family.

He is young, tall and thin with long hair. He stands beside his father, holding him tightly as he smiles at the camera. He looked cute with the bunny smile.
"Stop smiling you idiot! Mujhe rula kar Hans rahe ho? I hate you."
She says.