₂₁. Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Tᴏ Lᴏsᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Is she okay?" he asked "that's all I want to know."

"Yes, she's fine." replied Nat

"What happened to her?" asked Sam "and what happened to Peter?" he pointed out

In fact, Peter was sitting on the edge of a couch, looking away without speaking (which was unusual) and as pale as a ghost.

"Bruce thinks Emerson had a seizure," Nat paused "she's stabilized but needs rest." she repeated to the group

"When can we see her?" asked Loki

"When Bruce tells us." replied Wanda, sitting back with a sigh

"What do we know?"

"The same thing we have been doing for the past month," replied Tony "we wait."

It's been 3 hours since Emerson went back to sleep and Bruce had just finished the tests. He was cleaning up the place when he heard her groan as she tried to sit up. He rushed to her side, gently pushing her back down.

"Don't move," he said "I don't understand how but your wounds didn't heal while you were out."

"How is Peter? Is he okay? Is he hurt?" she asks, trying to sit up but was blocked by Bruce's hands on her shoulders

"He's fine, mer," he replied "everyone's fine."

"Good," she sighed and closed her eyes, she shot them opened seconds after and looked at Bruce "how long have I been out?"

"I'm not sure you're in the right state to hear my answer right now..."

"Bruce. How long have I been asleep?" she asks again, louder this time

"Forty days..." he whispered

"Oh my god..."

She straightened up, unstopped by the doctor this time, and sat on the side of the bed, her head in her hand. She looked up at Bruce, who walked over to her holding a glass of water.

"Drink this," he said, "and when you're ready, let me know, I'll call whoever you want."

"Thank you, Bruce," she said before swallowing the glass in one gulp, which was apparently not water, she grimaced "what was that?"

"It's a medicine," he laughed "that you'll have to take twice a day for a few days."

"That's disgusting." she added

Bruce laughed and pulled the plug on all the machines that were still stuck to her skin. Meanwhile, and after Emerson's question, he explained to her everything that had happened so far. They remained in a comfortable silence after Bruce stopped talking; he went back to cleaning and she, with her eyes glued to the floor, was thinking... way too much.

"I remember everything that was said." she suddenly said

"What?"

"I remember everything that was said when I was... asleep." she repeated

"Okay..." he said slowly "do you have a headache? Or somewhere else where it hurts?"

"No." she lied

"Great."

As he turned around, she tried to stand up and almost fell when her legs gave out on her but caught herself on the bed, wincing at the pain that shot through her arm in addition to the one she could feel in her legs and stomach. She slowly walked to the window next to her bed, clenching her teeth to hold back any sound of pain.

"It's snowing!" she exclaimed "wait...what day is it?"

"It's December 10th," Bruce replied "do you want me to get someone to come over?"