late night talks and sad stories

"When I was five years old, my mother and Chun-young's mother got into a car accident on a rainy day. Chun-young's mother was driving and was unharmed, but the garbage truck that hit them demolished the passenger seat where my mother was. So from then on, I just started hating rainy days. Which is why I was a little worried about what that fortune teller said earlier about Dan-I."

Y/N's mouth formed an 'O' while she continued sipping on her tea.

"But I was more worried about you though. Getting stabbed? Within next month? That's crazy."

Y/N just gave a shrug as she stared at her own cup, turning it around to decide whether she should tell them about her story since they so willingly opened up about theirs.

"Well..."

Y/N started while the two boys' heads perked up in interest at what she was about to share.

"I'm actually half-American. My mother is from America while my father is from Korea. My father died during a plane crash on the way back home from work and my mother was truly devastated, so she had been quite harsh on my brother and I after the funeral. Since she was like a designer or some sort, she started forcing me to go to photoshoots and try modeling because to her, it seemed more feminine."

Pausing to put down her cup of tea, her eyes only got dimmer and dimmer as she continued the story.

"I didn't really quite like the job so I tried to reason out with my mother and this was what I got."

Un-bandaging the bandage that was always wrapped around her right forearm, was a large, thick scar running from the inside of her elbow to her wrist. It still had tiny hints of blood in it.

"Recently, the scar had just opened again so it started bleeding. But ever since that incident, I had never kept in contact with my mother again. My brother and I tried to look for part-time jobs to pay off the rent in the apartment we are living in while our mother had probably gone back to America."

The room was silent. No, it wasn't the type of awkward silence. It was more of a comfortable one as Eun-hyung reached out to give a side hug to Y/N, wrapping his arm around her shoulder while Chun-young continued to stare into space while giving her headpats. It was a lot to take in.

"Hey, could you guys maybe not tell Yeo-ryeong about this? I just feel like, when Yeo-ryeong knows, she's going to start blaming herself again."

Nodding in agreement and in understanding, Chun-young got up and excused himself from the room as he said he wanted to rest for the night already, but not before giving Y/N a quick hug and returning to his room.

"Was your brother okay with you staying over in my house?"

Eun-hyung asked while Y/N nodded. Her brother would be comfortable letting her stay the night at whoever's house.

"Then, you can take my bed. I can take the couch."

Y/N nodded and apologized for their inconvenience again, which Eun-hyung just quickly dismissed, also giving her a warm, gentle hug before leaving the room.

'Dad, I miss you.'