fights and friends

Start from the beginning

All four of them successfully made it to the subway station with zero casualties. Except for that one sprained ankle and bloody right arm.

"Why does your right arm always bleed, Y/N?" Dan-I asked in curiosity.

"Ah, it's a long story." was all Y/N said as she hastily wrapped the loose bandage around her right forearm and changed the topic of the conversation.

"Anyways, why are you getting chased by those people, Ru-da?"

The tension in the air was so thick that you couldn't even slice it with a knife.

"So the thing is...my mother..."

"No. You don't have to explain."

Everyone looked at Dan-I.

"B-But Dan-I. Even if he's good at fighting, if this keeps happening..."

"We can't help even if we know what's going on. And it's not related to us either."

Ru-da paused for a moment before he gave a sad smile and nodded.

"Then we don't need to hear it. It'll just bother us and give us a headache thinking about it. It'll be the same for you, as the one who has to talk about it."

Everyone was extremely silent for that moment. Dan-I quickly grabbed both Yeo-ryeong's and Y/N's hands as she started to walk away.

"Well then, I hope you get home safely."

Just as Dan-I was about to head into the subway station with Yeo-ryeong and Y/N, Y/N shook Dan-I's grasp out of her hand as she ran towards Ru-da and gave him a huge, bear hug.

"Thanks for protecting us. Please get home safely and give your dad my regards!"

Ru-da could only look on in shock as the Y/N waved goodbye to him and joined the other girls, blushing extremely hard after the three of them had left. Facepalming himself in embarrassment at how red his cheeks were, he sighed shakily.

'Argh...what am I thinking?'

"Why are you being so moody today?"

A gloomy aura surrounded Yeo-ryeong as she sat at her seat, staring at her desk with a blank expression on her face.

"Are you like this because of that brat Lee Ru-da?"

Immediately at the sound of his name, Yeo-ryeong whipped her head around with the most annoyed expression on her face, before softening into her normal one.

"Yeah that, and I made up with that Y/N girl yesterday. She turns out to be much kinder than she seems."

"Hah? That shorty that cussed at me yesterday? Kind? Pfft, are you talking about a different person?"