"Yeo-ryeong would probably hold my hand and say that she would definitely avenge me. And I can pass peacefully knowing that she would do so."

Both Dan-I and Yeo-ryeong stood there crying at the sob story while the delinquents stared on in confusion at their weird actions.

"What the-" "OI!"

All heads snapped to the same direction where a small and tiny girl with light peach hair and dark blue eyes stared at both parties with such intimidation. No one dared to speak, let alone breathe because the tension was so thick that even a dagger would not even pierce through it. With her hands in her pocket, she glanced at the head gangster and the two frightened girls, pupils traveling back and forth at the two groups. At one look, she quickly pieced everything together.

Narrowing her eyes into tiny slits, she walked in front of the head delinquent while chewing on some gum that was in her mouth, separating both parties clearly. Only the sound of her chewing the gum could be heard.

Suddenly jumping into a stance, she drew back her left fist as far as she could, before smashing her arm right into the boy's stomach, causing him to cough out some blood and fall to the ground almost immediately. This threw the rest of the gang off guard and left everyone on scene in shock right away.

Walking towards the now injured boy who lay helpless on the sand, she lifted up her right leg before stomping it harshly on his chest, causing him to gasp in surprise as he struggled to breathe. Spitting out the gum she had in her mouth on his cheek after blowing a successful bubble, she made eye contact with the rest of the delinquents coldly.

"Scram."

With that one word, all of them immediately scattered like frantic ants out of the beach, leaving their leader behind who apparently passed out thanks to the sudden hard hit performed by yours truly.

"I'll let you take it from here."

Turning to the Eun-hyung who had just arrived at the scene who still can't process what just happened before his eyes, she put her hands back into her pocket before walking away from the scene.

"Wait! U-Um, thanks for your help!"

Not turning to look back at their flabbergasted faces, the girl just waved her hand to let them know it wasn't a big deal and accepted Dan-I's gratitude before disappearing out of their sight.

END OF FLASHBACK

"HAH?! SOMEONE AS SHORT AS YOU-"

Before Ji-ho could even finish his sentence, the girl began to walk away with both her hands in her pocket.

"OI I'M TALKING TO YOU!"

"Mum, don't cry..."

Ju-in came from behind as he gave Dan-I a hug, reluctantly letting go of her as droplets of tears began to gather at the bottom of his eyes.

"Hey. We have to go to the classroom soon-" "GO ALONE, YOU IDIOT!!"

Immediately at that moment, Ji-ho dragged Ju-in and Yeo-ryeong to their classroom as people stopped to turn and stare at the weird trio.

Just then, Chun-young tapped Dan-I on the shoulder, asking her to stay strong, to which Dan-I weakly replied with an 'okay' while her soul gradually flew out of her body.

'Hah...I think I'm being punished.'

The classroom door was suddenly kicked open and in barged a short girl who walked in with a disheveled uniform

The classroom door was suddenly kicked open and in barged a short girl who walked in with a disheveled uniform. She was not wearing a blazer like the rest of the students. Her school tie was missing and her collar was wide open, half of her shirt not tucked into her skirt while a few strands of her hair framed her face with her hair messily tied in a high bun. A plain, white plaster was evident on the bridge of her nose while her right forearm was bandaged messily. It was more than obvious that she had been in a fight.

"And who might you be coming in this late at this time? Are you aware that you are more than 30 minutes late for class?"

Not even the least bit intimidated by the teacher, the girl adjusted her collar before replying in a monotonous tone.

"Sorry, had to deal with some...stuff."

Sighing in devastation, the teacher shook his head as he facepalmed.

"Would you like to give the class a self-introduction and an explanation as to why you were late for class?"

Rolling her eyes, she looked around the classroom silently before her eyes landed on a familiar pair of brown ones.

'She's in this class too?'

"L/N Y/N. I saw a kitten getting abused by a few high schoolers so I had to teach them a lesson. Is that a reason that's good enough?"

Raising an eyebrow at the teacher who hesitantly nodded, she casually went for an empty seat that was right beside a short blonde female who had bright, blue eyes, who flinched a little when she noticed that the seat beside hers screeched, looking up in fear at the girl who gave off an intimidating aura.

Halfway through the class, Y/N felt a few pairs of eyes staring at her so she looked around the classroom, trying to scare all of them off with her glare until she made eye contact with the same brown orbs again.

Dan-I, who realized that she had just been caught, flinched and swiftly shifted her attention to her books and answered all the questions that Lee Ru-da was asking her.

'L/N Y/N?! Is she another character in the novel that I have to worry about?'