"Make Dudley get it." "Poke him with your Smelting stick, Dudley."

"Do it, com' on — see what happens"

Harry quickly dodges the stick and runs to the front door to get the mail. Four things are shown on the floor: a postcard From uncle Vernon's Sister Marge, who was vacationing on the Isle of Wight, a brown envelope that looked like a bill, and— a letter for Harry, and primrose.

"HOGWARTS LETTER"
"FINALLY"

Harry picked it up and stared at it,
Mr. H. Potter
The cupboard under the stairs
4 privet drive
Little Whinging
Surrey

Harry quickly looked at the one addressed to his sisters, it said the same thing

Ms. P. Potter
The cupboard under the stairs
4 privet drive
Little whinging
Surrey

  "You knew they lived in a cupboard and didn't do anything about it?"

"You know, Mr. Potter we don't personally write those."

The envelopes were thick and heavy, made of yellowish parchment, and the address was written in emerald-green ink. There was no postal stamp.
Turning the envelopes over, his hand trembling, Harry saw a purple wax seal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snake surrounding a large letter H.

"Hurry and open it, Harry."

"Hurry up, boy!" Shouted Uncle Vernon from the kitchen.
"What are you doing, checking for letter bombs?" He chuckled at his joke

"Wow that was so funny, I forgot to laugh." Said regulus
"That wasn't even a funny joke."

Harry went back into the kitchen, still staring at the letters. He handed uncle Vernon the bill and the postcard, sat down, and slowly began to open the yellow envelope.

"Nooooo," cried out lily
"It's clear which twin got James brain."
"Moony.." whined James

Uncle Vernon ripped open the bill, snorted in disgust, and flipped over the postcard. "Marges ill," he informed Aunt Petunia. "Ate a funny whelk..."
"Dad!" Said Dudley suddenly. "Dad, Harry's got something!"

"That little shit"

Harry was on the point of unfolding his letter, which was written on the same heavy parchment as the envelope, when it was jerked out of his hand by uncle Vernon.
"That's mine!" Said Harry, trying to snatch it back.

"Who'd be writing to you, and your freak of a sister?" Sneered uncle Vernon, shaking the letter open with one hand and glancing at it. His face went from red to green faster than a set of traffic lights. And it's didn't stop there. Within seconds it was grayish white of old porridge.

"She's not a freak you pig!"

"P-p-petunia!" He gasped. Dudley tried to grab the letter to read it, but uncle Vernon held it high out of his each. Aunt Petunia took it curiously and read the first line: for a moment it looked as though she might faint. She clutched her throat and made a choking noise.