Chapter 1 (It's here! Finally!)

Everything’s Gone

COPYRIGHT © 2013 by TeeHarper

All rights reserved.

Guys, omg. I’m so sorry it took so long for me to update. I feel terrible about it! Anyways, I hope this makes up for my misdemeanors. I’ve skipped forward in time a bit, but you’ll understand when you read it. BTW: I’m writing in past tense now because it’s easier. I know this book will be better written than the first, and I’m going back to edit the first book, but nothing has changed. Also: In My Crappy Blood-line I called Chase Matt’s omega. Me, being my uneducated self, thought that meant 3rd in command. Now I know the difference. Just to be clear, no one in the Wildern Heights pack is considered an “omega”. I just meant 3rd in command.

Enjoy:)

-Abbi

Chapter 1:

The concrete floor was hard beneath me. My hands were weighted down, the chains around them made of reinforced steal so I couldn’t escape. Not like I would have been able to in the first place. I was shot up with enough sedative to take down an elephant. I wasn’t sure how long it had been. Maybe a month. Maybe two. I had been stuck in this hell hole doing absolutely nothing but staring at the plain, grey walls of this room. They came in with blankets a couple days ago. I guess I could be thankful for that. On one half of the room an observational, one-way glass window looked over what had become my prison cell. I could feel people watching me every day. It was starting to get creepy.

“Abbigail,” someone called out. Turning towards the voice I saw the man who had brought me here—the one person I despised—Aaron. I learned his name some time after arriving here so I guess I couldn’t call him mystery man anymore. I still wasn’t sure what he wanted with me.

I didn’t reply, but Aaron didn’t seem to mind. He walked into the room, making sure to shut the heavy steel door behind him. I already knew that two guards were stationed outside that door. Apparently I was high security. They tried to say it was so that no one would be able to hurt me, but I knew the truth. The fact that I was shackled to the small cot on the side of the room was explanation enough. They were afraid I would escape. I was a threat.

The cot dipped under Aaron’s weight as he sat down beside me—a little too close for my liking.

“I know you’re upset—”

My head snapped toward him. “Upset?” I snarled. My lips were pulled back to bare my teeth, my eyes most likely wild and feral. They should be glowing yellow with my raging emotion. “You haven’t even begun to see me upset,” I spat.

He flinched back, his eyes widening as I jerked forward towards him. The chains rattled, holding me back and keeping me from finally doing what I should have done a long time ago—killing him. God, what I would do to have that chance now.