MoRan OS: Mending things

Karan watched Anish forwarding his hand and asking Monami for a dance. She looked at him, surprised for a moment, "since when do you like dancing, Anish?" she asked with curiosity lacing her voice.

Anish shook his head "I don't, but how can I let go of a perfect opportunity to dance with a beautiful woman" he replied with a wide smile that caused the dimples to appear on his cheeks."so cheesy, Anish." Monami said, with a laugh. He smiled and looked into her eyes "May I?" He asked once again, motioning towards his hand.

Monami glance towards Karan, locking her gaze with his for a brief moment before shifting her focus back on Anish, and nodded at him. She placed her hand on his and allowed him to lead her to the center of the floor where everyone was dancing already. Anish took one of her hand and put it on his shoulder, and took her other hand on his before he placed his free hand on her waist.

Karan clenched his fists as he felt an unknown sensation bubbling inside of him, making him want to strode up there, yank his hands off of her and create as much distance between them as possible. He watched Anish twirl her around him in circle before pulling her against him, closer than before. Karan couldn't help but glare at him with a murderous look.

"Dil kar rahe hai iske haath thod du" Karan grumbled as he stood there, watching them move to the rhythm of the song, perfectly in sync with each other, almost as if like this wasn't the first time they were dancing with each other like that and the thought of them being this close before and dancing like that made him even more livid.

Monami glanced towards Karan and found him looking her already. She gave him an awkward smile before looked away. Groaning, Karan started tapping his foot impatiently against the floor, waiting for the song to end so they could move away from each other. But the universe seems to be on a mission to torture him some more because the song doesn't seem to come to end.

Karan already didn't like Anish for crash landing at the party and ruining the perfect opportunity he had at hand to confess his feelings to Monami. But now, he can't stand the sight of him without feeling the rage burning through his veins after seeing him openly flirting with her.

"They are friends, Karan" he mumbled, in an desperate attempt to calm himself down, but that didn't help much when he saw Anish lifting her off the ground and spinning her around, before gently putting her down on the ground.

Karan shoved his fists into his pockets, trying to keep his rage in check because all he wants to do at the moment is walk up to them and punch that smile off of his face for trying to impress his girl. Monami may be oblivious to the interest he's showing in her, but Karan wasn't. He could tell that namoona likes his Rani Sahiba more than a friend from the way he looks at her.

Karan saw him leaning down and whispering something in her ear. Monami slapped his shoulder playfully and giggled as they continued swaying to the music.

"Alright. That's it." he muttered, making his way towards them. He can't just stand there and watch that namoona dance with his Monami any longer.

Monami saw Karan approaching them and scrunched her brows in confusion. Just as he reached them, the song changed and romantic song - kiston started playing in the background.

Karan looked right into her eyes as he held out his hand. "May I have this dance with her, Dr.Anish?" he asked, without breaking eye contact with Monami.

Anish looked at him, a little taken aback, and his gaze shifted from him to Monami, then back at him. "Off course, Karan" he said, pulling his hand away from her waist and letting her go. Karan didn't miss the annoyance in his voice which caused his lips to curled up in satisfaction.