1. Akira

In his beginning, she was there.

Akira.

She was the youngest of five daughters of the Fuji clan's head. The clan head kept his daughters on a strict path of education and court life, one she found to be lack-luster. They were expected to be poetic and beautiful, refined and well-behaved. Akira and her sisters were only allowed to go out into the family gardens, never beyond the estate's walls. Lord Fuji kept his daughter away from the common eye to preserve their innocence for their future husband.

Wisteria trees covered the garden grounds, creating the most beautiful prison. She dreamt of what lay beyond the trees. She didn't know what it was, but she knew she would never find out if she stayed confined to where her father had allowed her to be. Over the years, Akira became more creative in how she chose to sneak out of her father's home.

Akira reveled in Heian-kyo's night life. She always took care to hide her face, terrified one of her father's men would find her. The village was overwhelming and terrifying. Colorful and loud festivals filled the streets almost nightly. Giant monsters lurked in the streets. However, everyone she met seemed to be oblivious to them. The villagers only saw her come out at night and for months thought of her as just a crazy woman in a hood. Akira found she had the power to dispel these monsters from the humans they chose to plague just by touching them.

Akira would sneak out and roam the village peacefully until she was interrogated by a policeman who was plagued by a monstrous dark cloud. This monster in particular wasn't so easy to take of just with a tap. The officer thought he was being attacked until he felt the darkness leave him. One by one she would rid the villagers of their demons. And the people grew thankful for her. They began to believe and label her as a shaman of sorts, a holy woman, or a good witch. She was wise and poetic and perhaps most importantly, she was mysterious. The villagers had assumed she was older than she really was. And thus, Akira took on the persona of a healing woman – Chirona. Chirona, the healer who would solve your problems, yet, only at night.

That is why Sukuna Ryomen had journeyed to meet this healing woman. He entered her small shop, finding Chiron in layers of robes, her hood hiding her face. He lit up the room with his confidence. His aura was as warm and bright as sunlight. Akira was immediately intrigued by this man who clearly didn't have any demons attached to him.

"So, Chirona, at long last I get to meet you. Thank you for seeing me."

"What is it you would like to ask?" she said calmly, he seemed familiar in some way. His words were filled with sadness, directly contradicting the warmth he projected from his soul.

"Well, you see there is this woman I am in love with."

"Go on."

"Well, she is set to marry an awful man. I don't think her father is aware of just how cruel he is."

Akira, posed as Chirona, was growing bored of this man. He didn't have a demon attached to him. His big brown eyes shone with love. She could see right through his façade. This man only bore desire. Desire for what, though? Again, familiarity set in. Perhaps he was one of her father's men?

"I don't think my services can help you," she said as she stood to signal the end of their meeting.

Sukuna stood, he smiled and stepped in closer, "Oh, but you can."