4. Awaken with a BANG

Start from the beginning

So this is how it feels to be a grandfather and to be under a leash. 

Now a days most of the times, I catch him doing weird exercise poses on his bed or just standing still with his eyes closed. Is he trying sleepwalking or something of that sort? Sometimes I do wonder what goes in that tiny head of his. Though whenever I make myself known to him, he leaves all of that to spend time with me. 

What I wonder at times is when he will awaken and what he will awaken into. Gazing at his intelligent emerald eyes, I could sense that he is smarter than his age and call it a gut feeling but I think he is going to awaken way earlier than normal elf children. You don't find an eight months old child in a library normally do you? 

He could awaken either an Augmenter or a Conjurer, there is no surety of any one of them. While me and Alduin are Augmenters, Merial is a Conjurer so any one of those possible. I have decided! Whenever he awakens and whatever he awakens into, I will be his first tutor before he gets into the academy of his choice. There are many prestigious academies in Elenoir for Licht to get admitted in.

Okay, I am thinking too far ahead. Let him awaken first and experience things for himself. 

Today I have plans for taking him to the local marketplace with me. I quietly, without making any sort of sound push open the door to his room to see him standing straight on his bed with his eyes closed. That weird pose again? This old coot is definitely curious now.

I am going to observe today. The trip to marketplace can wait. I want to see what he does when I do not make myself known to him. With that in mind, I leaned near the doorway.

Licht's POV

Five months had passed. For five months straight I have been gathered mana particles into my solar plexus whenever I got the time to myself using the principles of Mana Skin and Mana Zone simultaneously. I couldn't go at it for longer periods of time given my underdeveloped body and there were times where I was distracted by other things around...or well had to play distracted.

Can't let people around me know that there is a twenty-five year old elf who had been nearly married and could have become a father, residing within a three year old. That would be too much to take in for the sake of sanity. 

The first thing that I decided I would try after forming my mana core and developing it to a proper stage is trying to fly on a broom. In this world, I noticed that even elves do not fly on brooms or maybe they don't know that one is actually able to fly on brooms. The world where I am from, flying on broom is a child's play. Even humans with the lowest of mana pools can easily fly on brooms.

Well it is up to me to show them how to fly on one. Flying on a broom is advantageous on so many situations. Also if my mana core reaches in an advanced stage, I wonder whether I will be able to fly without a broom and simply using Mana Skin or by using Wind Magic. I learned that my grandfather is a Wind Augmenter, and getting a grasp of his personality little by little, I have no doubts that he will take me under him once I awaken.

Oh I missed the part of mana core stages didn't I?

An easy way to know or measure one's strength is the color of their mana core aka the stage. Starting off the mana core would be black due to the body's blood and other impurities mixed with the mana particles as they are formed into a mana core. As the mana inside the person's body becomes purer and the impurities get filtered out over the time, it will change into a dark red color. From there, the color of mana core will get lighter.

The order goes as follows - Black, Red, Orange, Yellow, Silver and then White. 

The colors in between Black and White also have stages to them and a rule of thumb: The lighter the mana core's color, the purer one's mana core is and the more power they would have access to.

Back to my progress. After five months of gathering he mana particles, I am finally about to form my very own mana core......

BOOM!

Virion's POV

Minutes passed by and I didn't sense anything wrong with Licht. Though it was a surprise to me how a naughty, noisy kid like him could stand in complete silence for this prolonged duration of time. How long has been like this? I know he had been standing like this for quite some time even before I entered in this room.

Now I am sure this doesn't seem like an ordinary pose to me and neither is he practicing sleepwalking, now that I am seeing things with my very own, not-yet-gone senile eyes. When he finishes I will have to know about this pose of him, directly from himself. He is the only one that can answer my curiosity.

I remember Rinia saying something about how Licht is going to be a bundle of surprises for all of us and achieve things unanticipated by any of us. At that time I ignored her words, but I know better than anyone that whatever she says aren't mere flukes or a old hag's rants. She is not just any old hag but a Diviner. And her words can't be taken lightly when she is not joking around with her words.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I started feeling a sudden pushing force on me and the very next moment I knew....

BOOM!

I was literally sent flying to the hallways with a loud bang enough to alert everyone residing in this palace. Having augmented myself with wind, I got the shocked servants out of the way of impact in quick speeds, to prevent any sort of injuries. Then without any care I ran into the bedroom, concern evident in my eyes. I will have to make sure nothing happens to Licht.

"Licht!" I called out to him, worry evident in my voice. "Are you alright? Don't worry grandpa will save you right away!"

His room was a complete mess The ceiling had nearly fallen on him and the bed had been collapsed to dusts. There were gaping holes in the wall in front of his bed and the door was a lost cause by now. And the damage isn't just limited till here. The adjoining rooms were no more and the rooms opposite to his own are out of commission. The floor is history and it looks like a boulder fell on the floor and formed a crater on it. 

And in the middle of it all stood Licht, unharmed, unscathed and unaffected by the mess around him. One-Fourth of the royal palace had been blown up out of the blue and there he stood without an inch of concern or worry on his face. It would seem he is oblivious to this surroundings.

And that's when m eyes fell on the translucent barrier around his body frame. That sight made me sit down on my back as a wave of relief washed over me. My grandson is all safe and sound and he himself is the cause of the royal palace's apparent decimation.

"Licht!" I could hear Merial's worried ways coming from the hallways. As a mother she had every right to be worried about her son well-being in a situation like this.

"Out of my way!" Pushing the soldiers gathered at the scene both Merial and Alduin made themselves known to the sight of destruction. 

"Father! Are you alright? What about Li--"

"Congratulations Alduin, Merial.." I interrupted before pointing to the three year old who had finally opened his eyes and is momentarily lost at the sight of his own surroundings. "Congratulations on your son's awakening.."

WHAT?!

________________________________________________________________________________________