Aylin...

We sat on the ruins of our hideout, all our friends, gone like the wind- most likely dead. "Zari, Aylin." The voice from one of the heroes from earlier, Ray, came from behind us. "Look, I don't wanna fight, but we have to go. We can't stay here. It's not safe."

"I don't understand." I muttered. "They're not here. Nobody's here. They were supposed to meet us here. This was supposed to be our Jannah."

"Jannah?" He repeated.

"It means sanctuary in Arabic." Zari told him. "Our brother had powers because he wielded this." She motioned towards the air totem. "He fought against A.R.G.U.S. injustices, so he was hunted."

"We all were. The night we were leaving, A.R.G.U.S. raided our house. They killed our brother and took the only part that's left of him."

"And that's how you two got caught- trying to steal it the first time?" He asked us.

"Yeah, we couldn't let A.R.G.U.S. keep it. With our brother gone, I needed its power to help us protect our parents, but..."

"Maybe they got away?" Ray tried to see the silver lining, but all of us knew that was a stretch.

"Where?" I asked him. "Can't you see there's nowhere left to go? This was our last hope."

"Aylin, Zari, I'm sorry about everything that's happened with your family, but we really have to-" The watch bitch showed up behind Ray.

XXX

"We could've dropped you off anywhere." Mick pointed out. "Why this dump?"

"With Jannah gone, this is home." I told him.

"Oh, well the two of you have a lot of heat on you."

"We can handle heat." Zari assured Mick.

"Thanks."

"Wait!" Amaya came into view. "It's not safe for either of you here. There's no reason to suggest that the sorceress won't return for the two of you."

"Well, it's not like we have any other options." I pointed out.

"Those amulets. Aren't amulets. They're totems, like mine. We're bound together somehow, in a way that I have yet to understand. Come with us."
"That's all nice and weird, but-" Amaya cut Zari off.

"Totems, they guide us in strange ways. What if both of yours guided you to us?"

"What would you rather do?" Mick asked us. "Hide from A.R.G.U.S. your whole life or do something really stupid, like time travel?"

"We're not superheroes."

"Neither am I."

We looked at each other for a moment, both of us agreeing on the same thing. "Let's go."