XXV

GREGGY

Imee messaged me about what Theo did. Though she said to let Irene tell me all the details. So I wait.

'Di ko alam kung anong magagawa ko kung makita ko yung lalaking yun. Napaka-bastos naman ng tao. Kayang gawin yun sa isang babae. Nililigawan pa nga.

I scoffed at myself. I was at my office, reading and signing contracts and business proposals. I took a glance on the notebook I wrote all my plans

We're still at the 21st date. So many to come yet. We've went to shooting range, archeries, golf clubs, we went to the beach, breakfast dates, lunch dates, merienda dates, and just about everything I could think off.

Dinner dates are hard to get 'cause as she says. "It's special." I got disappointed in hearing that as I knew Theo and her used to go on dinners together.

But, I understood. Maybe she has other reasons about it.

A knock on my door was heard, "Yes?" My secretary, Visha, poked her head inside, "Sir, Miss Marcos is here." I looked at her, confused.

"Who?" I asked. "Miss Marcos, sir." I chuckled. "Yes, Miss Marcos. But who? Imee or Irene?" I asked again, this time, she turned red. "Ah.. Si Miss Irene Marcos sir."

I nodded, "Alright, let her come in." I looked down as she nodded and closed the door. I stacked all the papers undone and all those were finished stacked in the floor.

"Hey." I heard a turn on the knob and a soft, velvet voice. I turned to the door and smiled, "Hello." Her face obviously restless.

She closed the door behind her and I went to her, pulled her in a hug and kissed the side of her forehead. "I heard what happened."

I felt her harden her jaw. "I never knew he was like that..." She said in a small voice, her arms enveloping me.

"It's better na nalaman mo as soon as now." We stayed in the position. We then move to the couch in front of the glass wall. She stared at outside, her head on my shoulders. "I didn't get enough sleep thinking about it..."

"You don't want to talk about it?" I asked her, not moving. I felt her shook her head, "Okay... I won't force you." I stroked the back of her hand with my thumb.

Silence covered the room, for a minute or two I heard light snoring. I carefully moved my head towards her and saw her sleeping.

I smiled and stroked her cheek, "Ang ganda mo talaga..." I let her rest on my shoulder until it got kind of numb.

I carefully moved her head on the throw pillow of my couch and raised her legs to the couch. I placed a soft kiss on the bridge of her nose and smiled. "You sleep well, mahal."

I went over to my pantry and saw instant noodles and a lot of junk food. I pursed my lips and shrugged my shoulders. "This won't do."

I carefully went out of the office, leaving no trace of noise behind.

"Visha?" I called my secretary in a soft voice. "Sir?" Her voice loud. I quickly shushed her. "Natutulog si Ma'am mo. Kung magising sabihin mo lang na may binili sa labas, pakisabi rin na hintayin niya ako."

She nodded and I quickly went off the building. Searching for her comfort food.

Chicken soup, garlic parmesan chicken wings, pink drink tea from Thailanders, and for desert, white Toblerone. Her favorite. Her comfort food seems like a weird combination, but it didn't stop me from buying those.

Once I got everything, I went back to the building. "Gumising na ba?" I asked my secretary, carrying 2 paper bags. She just nodded and smiled. "Sige thank you."

When I opened the door, I saw her standing, a picture frame in her hand. "Hey?" I called out, closing the door.

She turned around, "You kept it..." She said pertaining to the picture frame. It was a picture of us laughing, Manang Imee took it.

"Of course I did." I smiled and placed the paper bag on the center table. "Come, I bought you all your favorites." She placed the picture frame back and went over to me.

As I was arranging the food, I heard her gasp. "Chicken!" She exclaimed. I chuckled and gave her the toblerone. "And Toblerone!" She grinned and hugged me, "Thank you!"

"Kain na, lalamig yung soup." She sat beside me and munched on the chicken wings. "Mmm!"

I chuckled at her and shook my head, "Ang ganda mo pa rin kahit kumakain..." She rolled her eyes at me, "Bolero!"

"Here taste it!" She gave me a piece of the wings, "Say aaah." She opened her mouth, "Aaahh." I mimicked her and she fed me the chicken. "Very Good, Greggy." She patted my head.

Cute.

"Let's go stargazing?" I blurted. 22nd date. Stargazing. She loved the stars so much.

She paused in sipping on her pink drink tea. "Later?" She asked and I nodded. She turned away and pointed at the stack of papers on my desk. "But you're busy..."

I pulled her closer and kissed her neck, "Priorities." I whispered. Her cheeks turned a shade of pink and she slapped my arm. "Ano ba... Baka mapagalitan ka..."

I looked at her amused, "I'm the boss, mahal." She rolled her eyes and sipped on her drink again. "So?" I asked...

She seemed deep in thought, a couple of seconds later she nodded. "Alright."

Nice.

"I'm glad." I smiled at her and she continued to eat. "I'm busog na." She leaned back on the couch. I saw that she finished all what I bought. I frowned. "You didn't give me Toblerone." I pouted at her.

Her eyes grew, "Oh... You wanted pala? I didn't know... Sorry..." She nuzzled her head on my neck. "No, I'm joking..." I chuckled and draped my arm over her.

"Do you feel better?" I asked. She nodded, "Yes. Thank you." I kissed the top of her head, she turned to me. "You kept on kissing me."

I chuckled. "Sorry. I can't help it. You're so kissable." She scrunched her nose, "I can't kiss your lips. So I'll just kiss you everyone but there." I smiled at her. "Sus. Gusto mo lang maka-isa eh." She smirked.

"Sino ba naman ang hindi? Si Irene Marcos na kaya yan!" We both shared a wholehearted laugh. "Soon."

"I love you, Celestina." I sighed happily. "Soon." She uttered. "I'll wait for you to tell me you love me too again."

"Stargazing, huh..." She traced lines on my palm. "Mmhm." I hummed. "Saan mo nakuha yang mga ideas mo? Andami na nating ginawa ah..."

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back, "You get ideas when you're in love."

She slapped my chest lightly, "Alam mo, bolero ka talaga. Bahala ka nga!"

I laughed at her, "It's true! Everyday I find another reason to love you. Everyday I fall in love harder. Everyday I get these silly ideas on how to make you happy. Everyday, I love you."

I felt her smile, "It's not silly." My eyebrows met, "Hmm?"

"Your ideas... It's not silly. I appreciate them, really... You want to spend time with me..." She continued. I smiled, "You're right. I want to spend time with you. I want to spend a lifetime with you. I want to spend forever with you."

She cocked her head to the side, "Forever is a long time..."

"Then I'll find you a lifetime after a lifetime. That can be forever." I felt her chuckle, "You really do know how to woo a woman, huh."

I stroked her arm, "No."

"I only know how to woo the woman I love."

"You."