xxvi. guy in the chair

Start from the beginning

"Peter, are you sure that you're okay?" He asked with slight concern.

"Yes, I'm okay." Peter reassured. "I've never really driven before, only with May in parking lots. This is a huge step up-"

He still seemed to be struggling to drive the car he had stolen from Flash, muffled screams and car noises being heard through the comms every few moments.

As Ned continued doing his computer work, switching between the two computers, Noah was sat in the chair next to Ned. He was spinning around in the chair continuously, wrapping strands of his brown hair around his fingers every once in a while.

"Hey, have you guys gotten through to Happy yet?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, we're working on it." Ned responded. "I just gotta backdoor the phone system."

Whilst speaking, he was still continuously working and typing on the two computers as Noah was still spinning around in the chair he was sat in.

Then, all of a sudden, he got it. He succeeded. He threw his arms into the air, the wheels chair he was sat on moving a few inches away from where it previously was.

"Guy in the chair!"

Noah stopped spinning. He glanced over at Ned, who was putting his chair back into place. He smiled out of excitement.

"Good job, guy in the chair!"

"Thanks-"

Before Ned could even finish his sentence off, the duo were interrupted by a voice which was coming from the monitor of the computer. It was Happy.

"Takeoff in nine minutes!" Happy yelled. "Hello? Hello? Who is this?"

Noah and Ned immediately glanced at the monitor, only to see Happy's face on the other side of the facetime call.

"Mr. Happy, it's Ned."

"And Noah."

"Who?"

"We're Peter Parker's sidekicks, isn't that right?" Noah firmly assured.

"Mhm." Ned agreed. "We are indeed the sidekicks of Peter Parker."

"We have something very important to tell you-"

"You gotta be shitting me!" Happy interrupted.

And with those words, Happy had decided to end the facetime call, his expression no longer on the monitor of the computer anymore.

Ned and Noah just looks at each other in sheer disappointment. They both slumped into their wheely chairs.

"Damn." Ned murmured.

"Hey, guys, how we coming on with those headlights?" Peter suddenly spoke through the comms.

Briskly, Ned moved his chair over to another computer, which he had obviously logged into moments beforehand.

"Uh, round knob to the left of the steering wheel, turn clockwise." He told.

"Left, okay." Peter responded. "Okay perfect. So, where's my phone now?"

And with those words, Ned shuffled back over to the other computer, the one which Noah was sat closest to.

"Uh, he just stopped in an old industrial park in Brooklyn." He said.

"What? That makes no sense." Peter yelped. "I thought he said he was going out of town."

"Odd." Noah muttered. "We reached Happy, by the way. We don't think he likes you that much. It sounded like he was catching a flight to somewhere."

"Yeah, he said something about taking off in nine minutes." Ned agreed.

"What?!" Peter yelped.

"He was surrounded by a bunch of boxes." Ned told.

"Boxes?" Peter murmured.

For a moment, he paused. But, something finally hit him, which led Noah and Ned to feeling confused.

"It's moving day!" He yelled. "He's gonna rob that plane! I gotta stop him!"

Ned finally glared over at Noah with confusion. He cocked his eyebrow upwards, wondering what if Noah knew what Peter meant by this.

Noah was puzzled too, though. He eventually shrugged his shoulders ever so slightly, his lips pursed.

Once Noah and Ned looked back at the screen of the computer, they saw that Peter was getting much more closer to the industrial park, where the bird guy was at.

"Okay, slow down." Ned signalled. "You're getting close. It's on your right."

"What?!"

"Turn right. Turn right!"

For the a millionth time, Ned and Noah heard Peter screaming once again, along with extremely loud noises in the background. They both cringed again.

They both didn't heard a mutter from Peter for a moment, becoming worried as the moments slowly passed by.

Noah's features changed. He seemed extremely worried at this point. His lips slightly separated, he clenched his jaw as he began to speak.

"Spinne?" He whispered. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, elektrisch." Peter responded in a quiet voice. "I'm alright. Just keep trying to get through to Happy."

Ned continued to do the work he needed to do whilst Noah lazily spun around in the wheely chair he was sat on.

"It's been an honour, Spider-Man." Ned would suddenly blurt out.

Then, all of a sudden, the lights of the computer lab slowly began to flicker on. This caused Noah and Ned to look up with slight fear, afraid that somebody had caught them.

"What are you doing here? There's a dance."

Noah and Ned paused for a moment. They both turned around, only to see a teacher standing at the doorway of the computer lab.

"Uh-"

Ned began to stammer, searching for words to use as he closed the tabs down on the computer he was using.

Noah, Ned and the teacher all just stared at each other. But, all that grew between the three was awkward silence, causing the teacher to sharpen their glare.

"We're- Looking- At porn."

Noah's jaw almost dropped to the ground, his sea green eyes widening. He was stunned, his movement stiff as he turned around to look over at Ned.

"Porn?!"