013

Chapter thirteenThe End of Imhotep Angelica's POV:"Is it true?!" "Is what true?!" "Is it true you love me?" Rick cupped my cheek and said "Angie

Chapter thirteen
The End of Imhotep
Angelica's POV:
"Is it true?!" "Is what true?!" "Is it true you love me?" Rick cupped my cheek and said "Angie.." Mummies and chaos were all around us and it was if Rick and I were the only ones in the room. "Is it true?" "Yes, it's true. I'm in love with you." My breath quivered and I gripped a fistful of Rick's shirt. "And you acted like you weren't, why?" "Cause I was afraid I'd mess it all up." Rick's thumb stroked my cheek and I said "there's nothing you could do to mess it up." "Princess, there you go once again, falling for someone you shouldn't." Imhotep spat in ancient Egyptian. I rolled my eyes at him, being confused at the fact he called me a princess. "Angie, I've wanted to be with you this whole time but I was trying to protect you. I don't want you to get hurt." "I won't, Rick. I promise I won't." Evelyn screamed as Imhotep swung a weapon at her and Rick leaned in slowly. My heart was beating so fast I was sure I was going to have a heart attack. "Guys, we don't have time for that!" Francisco yelled as he was thrown in between us. Rick scoffed at him and Francisco looked at him. "Hi." He said. "I'm gonna kill you." Rick said through gritted teeth. Imhotep grabbed Francisco by his shirt. "Not if he kills me first." Francisco replied with a smirk. I looked across the room at Jonathan who was flipping through the book, trying to find the spell. Naomi was still fighting Anck Su Namun and Troy was helping her. I stood up and grabbed a spear, going for Imhotep. I managed to stab him but his flesh just healed. I gulped and watched my younger brother get dropped to the ground. Imhotep went to grab me and I dodged him. "Ah, Angel, what're you doing?!" Jonathan yelped. I looked at him and said "find the damn spell!" "I can't read any of this!" He whined. "What does it say?!" Evie and I yelled in unison. Rick aimed his shotgun at one of the mummies, knocking it down. Jonathan started to recite the writing in the book. Evie looked at him and said "you're saying it wrong! We had multiple lessons on this! You should know this!" "But, I don't, Evie!" Jonathan whined. "What symbols are there?!" Evelyn dodged a mummy and Jonathan scratched the back of his head. "A bird I think!" Evelyn started to explain which spell it was and it immediately clicked in Jonathan's head. "Oh, I do know this one!" "Hurry up and read it!" Rick screamed. Jonathan nodded and started reading the spell. Naomi stabbed Anck Su Namun which didn't do much. When Jonathan was finished with the spell, the other mummies started to attack Anck Su Namun. Jonathan breathed heavily and Naomi took a step back from Anck Su Namun. Imhotep was busy throwing Rick across the room. I watched him go flying and collide with the wall. "Ooh." I said, worried that he was down for the count. Anck Su Namun's shrieks entered the air as the mummies tore her apart. This got Imhotep's attention. He watched his love die once again and then looked at Jonathan. He started to stomp his way towards him. I quickly got in front of Jonathan who just cowered. "Protecting the prince is what you should've been doing from the beginning." Imhotep said. I noticed how much bigger was than me. The mummy reached for the book and Jonathan dodged him, making sure he couldn't get it. I swung a knife towards Imhotep's face, nicking him. That seemed to anger him as he threw me to the ground and went after Jonathan. Rick grabbed Imhotep before he could do anything to Jonathan. Evelyn rushed over to Jonathan, the other book in her hands. She started reading off the spell to send him back where he came. Rick knocked him down, letting out a breath. Imhotep looked at Naomi who was standing next to Troy. Imhotep held his hand out to Naomi, beckoning her to take his hand. Her face softened at his desperate attempt to be near her. "You have to go." She said. His face fell as he realized he would be going back to purgatory. He screamed as he was forced back into death, everything starting to go back to normal. I pulled Francisco up to his feet and walked over to Rick. He pulled me close to him, leaning in to kiss my lips. The tomb started to crumble and Evelyn said "we have to go!" The seven of us rushed out of the tomb, dodging falling rocks and all kind of debris. "Rick! Rick, help me!" Beni yelled. "See you later, Beni!" Rick replied as he threw me over his shoulder. I gasped as I laid on his shoulder. Francisco reached for my hand and I pulled him up in front of Rick who started pushing him out of the tomb. Once we made it out, Hamunaptra was sucked back down into the sand, disappearing. Jonathan took a breath and said "woah." "It's gone. Why is it gone?" Francisco asked. "Cause we defeated the mummy." Evelyn said in a matter of fact tone. Troy adjusted his glasses and said "I'm exhausted." Naomi kissed his cheek and said "me too, bub." His cheeks flushed red and Rick set me down gently. "You ok?" I nodded up at him and said "are you?" He shrugged and said "I'll be sore for a little bit but I'm fine." I cupped his cheek, examining him for injuries. Jonathan walked over to the camels. "Can we get going? I'd like to be back with civilization." We walked over to the camels and Ardeth came into view. "You're alive?" Naomi asked in shock. "Of course I am. I escaped the tomb rather easily. And you all made it out as well, which is good." He said. Jonathan ruffled one of the camel's head and made kissy faces at it. Rick got onto a camel and then pulled me up on it. His large hand cupped my cheek and he kissed my lips. My hands went to his shirt, gripping handfuls of it. Our lips moved in sync, Rick deepening the kiss. I pulled away for air, breathing heavily. Jonathan rolled his eyes at the two of us and said "oh, please." Evelyn hit him on the shoulder and said "be nice." "How can I be nice when he's kissing my ex girlfriend?" Francisco patted Jonathan's shoulder and went to get on a camel.

Troy and Naomi got on one and Evelyn was stuck riding with Jonathan who let it be known he was annoyed

Troy and Naomi got on one and Evelyn was stuck riding with Jonathan who let it be known he was annoyed. The ride back was actually peaceful. I leaned my head on Rick's chest as I was sitting in front of him. He held the reins of the camel, his hands resting in my lap. "What happens now?" I asked him. Rick looked down at me and said "we'll be together. Won't we?" "Of course. So, you'll just come to London, then? With me?" Rick nodded. "If that's what you want. I want to be with you." I smiled and nuzzled my face into his chest. Rick held me close to him, kissing my forehead. "Does your brother live with you?" I nodded again and Rick shook his head at me. I hit his arm playfully and said "it's not like he'll bother us." "He bothers us now." That caused me to laugh and hold Rick tighter.

I know the ending is dumbbb but I'm preparing to start writing the mummy returns. Which will basically be the second movie and stuff like that. I'll also be adding a cast chapter to introduce some new characters. Sooo, yeah. I hope you all have been enjoying this book and are ready for the second part!!
~skylar🧡🧡🧡🧡