9

Eleonora couldn't look him in the eyes. Their time spent together last night was something she had longed for so long. But after her dream, she couldn't be more confused. She stirred the soup in front of her and stared down at the small plate. To her luck he showed up to breakfast that morning. She sensed something different in him as well, something was bothering him too.

He was also staring deeply into his bowl, the only sound being heard was their silverware hitting the plates. Lady Jessica sat at the end of the table as usual and looked at the two teenagers in wonder. She never understood them. One second they seemed to finally getting along, and the other they didn't even dare look each other in the eye. She shook her head at them befor standing up from her seat.

The two looked up at her once they heard the chair shift. "You have the day off today Paul, use it wisely." She said brushing her dress down before walking out of the room, leaving the two of them alone.

They returned their stares down to their food again, the silence filling the air. The silence was not comfortable this time, it was tight, uncomfortable and just really strange. She didn't know how to handle the situation, she didn't even know how to feel because she it was only a dream but it felt like it was not only a dream. It felt so real. Eleonora tried to eat the food as fast as she could, wanting nothing but to escape the situation. But just as she was too, Paul spoke up.

"Do you want to look at those picture books together?" She looked up at him, only to be met by him already looking at her. She froze on spot as she tried to figure out what to say. A thousand sentences ran around her head as she tried to decide. She wanted to say yes but her dreams last night ruined everything. "Eleonora?" He asked making her hop out of her little day dream.

"Ehhhh no." She rushet out, mentally slapping herself once the words left her tongue. "I mean, I promised to ehh.... help Silvia go for a walk." She stupidly corrected herself before looking down at her food once again. Help Silvia go for a walk? She cursed at herself under her breath. "Alone." She added without even thinking about how rude it sounded.

"Oh." Was the only thing that came from her. "We can do it after your walk?" He asked. This one she couldn't escape.

"Yes, of course." She said putting the last spoonful of food into her mouth. She pushed her chair back and stood up from the table. She managed to look up at him for once, but regretted it once she locked her eyes with his forrest ones. There was nothing but kindness and purity in those eyes, how could he ever hurt her. "I will see you... eh, after my walk." She spoke up after a while, lowering her stare to the floor. She walked out of the room before he could even respond and ran down the hall.

Once she entered her room she pulled out her cloak and gloves and put them on fast before making her way out of the room again. Within minutes she was sprinting down the stairs she walked up the first day she got there, pressing her hand against the back of her head so the hood wouldn't fall off. Right now she didn't want anyone to see her, she wanted to be alone.

She felt bad for lying to Paul, but she had to get out of that room. Had to get out and think of the situation she had put herself into. She walked down her favourite path down a long hill and stepped onto the soft sand. She loved the beach. The waves crashing into shore was so calming, the birds chirping, the sound of her shoes sinking into the sand. It was beautiful. Just what she needed.

How did she end up here? For weeks now she had prayed that her and Paul would get along, but now she was letting a stupid dream ruin it. Out of anger she picked up a stone and threw it as far as she could put the water. A scream left her lips as she picked up another and threw it even further.

She could almost feel the knife sticking into her, the pain still lingering on the lower part of her abdomen. Her hand reached up to rest over the spot as she closed her eyes. She saw Paul centimetres away from her face, the two of them grinning and laughing as they leaned into each other. Eleonora managed to opened her eyes, not wanting to see him hurt her again.