Part 25. Don't move

You open your eyes. Everything is blurry. After a few seconds you got your sight back. You see Max. He is here, he really waited here, watching over you. You want to give him a hug and open your arms, but because of your injuries you scream of the pain when you body moves. Max stands up and lays you down again. "Hey hey hey don't move, you need to lie down." You lie down again and a nurse comes in because she heard someone screaming. "Miss Wilson, i really need you to lie still, only move when really necessary." You nod and she leaves the room. "Max, you waited." He smiles and nods. "I was so worried Em." He kisses your hand. "But you hated me-." He stops you from finishing your sentence by interrupting. "Em look, i knew your dad. He raced with mine. He was a legend. I was just mad that a girl could come in and takes his place. I was just scared i think." You look down. "I worked really hard you know, i am not in f1 because my dad was a legend." He grabs both your hands. "You proved me wrong in a few laps, but i was ashamed." You look in his eyes. "You really helped me a lot the last few day, i think i will forgive you." He smiles and bends over. He carefully lays his head on your chest. It hurts you a bit but you feel really safe. Then a person walks in. He runs to you and starts crying. "Pumpkin, what happened." Max backs off so your dad can come closer to you. "Dad.. i'm fine." You hold your dad tight even tho it hurts. After a while he notices someone is in the room. He looks at Max. He recognises his face. "Verstappen?" Max walks over and shakes his hand. "Yes sir, Max." He smiles. "You look just like Jos." Max smiles. "I hear that a lot." He looks at you and he suddenly understands. "A Verstappen is dating my daughter." Max is not sure if he is happy or mad about it. Your dad jumps up. "Finally! A good man." You giggle, he is really happy about it. "Dad please shh, it's a secret." He covers his mouth. "Sorry!" You talk for a bit. Max gets a call. "It's christian, i really need to go. I will be back tonight." You nod confirming and Max leaves. Lando takes him back to the track. Your dad stands up to. "Get some rest, i will wait for you with Yuki." He kisses your head and you fall asleep. It's a few hours later and Max arrives at the hospital again. It's night, and a security stops him. "Where are you going?" Max breaths heavy, he runned because he was worried for being away so long." He stumbles. "Uh my my-." Your dad walks in. "He belongs with us." The security nods and leaves. "Go to your girl." Max smiles. "Thank you sir." He walks to your room, you open your eyes and whisper. "Please come lay with me." Max carefully gets in the bed and holds you tight. He kisses your cheek. "Goodnight Em." You can't even answer. You fell asleep already.