"I don't feel anything beeji" I mumbled pushing my face more into her lap.

"I know there is something which you are not telling me. There is a deep cut which you are not letting heal". I let the silence confirm her words.

" You like Veer. Don't you? " She asked and again I had no answers. There was a time when I was dreaming about my future with him. I was including him in my future. And today in that 'future', I have a heart broken by him.
I hate him for what he did to me but the idea of marriage with him stills activates butterflies in my stomach. I hate myself for liking the idea.
I don't want to marry him but still, I want to marry him... This helplessness...is killing me.

"I don't know, Beeji" I whispered.

"Suha, go out with him tomorrow. I know you are confused, you are nervous. Tomorrow it will be only you and him. Talk your insecurities out to him. We will proceed only when you both will agree. In the end, we want your happiness". Beeji stroked my hair with her wrinkled hand and planted a soft kiss on the side of my forehead. I closed my eyes feeling relieved.

I don't know if he would agree to meet. Even if I would want to give him chance how would I when he is not ready to accept his mistake?

Will I ever be able to forgive him?

Even if I forgive him, will I ever be able to forget it?

*
VEER

While Sakshi, Anmol, and Dadu were celebrating that I said yes to the marriage, I was wondering how do I tell them that they were getting us wrong.

Somewhere I liked the thought of her being with me but every time I remember her, it comes with hurt.

I would have been jumping today if that 'day' would not have been in my life.
Only if I could erase that day from my memory.

"Veer, come here " Anmol screamed even when he was just four feet away from me.

I rolled my eyes at him.

When I didn't make a move Anmol came near me and dragged me holding my ears, I kept shouting for him to leave me but he grinned pushing me towards Dadu.

I rubbed my ears, glaring at him when Dadu stuffed a ladoo in my mouth.

"Khote da vyah hone wala hai" Dadu hit my head before continuing his weird dance.

[Useless is getting married! ]

Three of them were looking as if they have got some big prize.

Glancing at their happiness I asked myself again, "Is it a good idea to cancel the marriage? ".

They seemed to be enjoying their small newly created world and my decision will shatter their hope but I can't keep their hopes high for long.

With a heavy heart, swallowing my lump in my throat, I moved towards Dadu to tell him the truth, " Dadu" I called him and he stopped dancing sensing the seriousness in my voice.

Before I could say further, he got a call.

I instantly know who was calling as his lip craved into a thousand-watt of smile.

He picked up the call and talked for what is called half an hour. I send Sakshi and Anmol to their room while I sat in the dining room, gazing at the sweets.

He came there jumping and giggling in excitement with are a blush adorning his cheeks.

God! These oldies!

I kept staring at him when he noticed me. "What? " He gave me the most uninterested smile ever.

"What what? "

"You were saying something" He motioned me to continue.

"Yes... I was saying that... That... I... You... Should... Me... You... I... " I was fumbling looking into his eyes. I was scared of his reaction.

"Oye rehne de khotte! Kal subha tak aaram se soch lena ki bolna hai tennu" He rolled his eyes at me.

[Leave it! Take the whole night and think what you want to say]

"Tomorrow you are going to meet Suhani. You both are going to talk about marriage. " He said sitting on the chair.

"You mean date? " I raised my eyebrows at me.

"Whatever you call it. You are going to talk to her nicely. Be a gentleman otherwise, I will break your leg with my stick" He said seriously giving me a not so impressed look.

"But what is the need? "

"See, Simmi Ji does not want you guys to regret later. She wants to see you both happy but not forcefully tied in marriage. So she wants you two to talk to each other and you are going that's my final decision" He dismissed me before getting up from the chair.

"Suhani agreed? "

"Of course!" He said yawing and finally left.

What is there to talk about? I am sure she too does not want this marriage then why she is giving false hope to them only to crush it later?

Oh! Why do I always forget she is Suhani Sharma who loves to break hearts and then will play all innocent as if the other person was at fault.

What else I can expect from her.

So many years but she didn't change a bit I see.

Fine! Let's meet her for the last time. What she has to say.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please ignore grammatical mistakes.

Editor:- its_chahat_here ❤❤.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year. May this year bring a lot of happiness and smiles❤. May your life stay filled with positivity and love❤. May God bless everyone 🤗❤.

Loads of love❤.

Thanks for reading ❤