A Shadow Of The Past (Special Chapter)

Start from the beginning

Naomi approached the male. She looked up a bit due to him being slightly taller than her. "What's your name?"

"(Y/n) (L/n), ma'am." The man replies, not meeting her gaze with his. Instead, he continued to stare ahead, avoiding to give the wrong impression since he can sometimes accidentally gave someone a glare.

"So you're Katherine's younger brother?" Naomi asked.

"Yes, ma'am." (Y/n) confirmed, still not looking towards the instructor.

Naomi smirked. "I see. Well, don't expect a special treatment just because you're her brother, got it?"

"Loud and clear." (Y/n) calmly answered.

"Alright, then." Naomi stepped away from (Y/n) and returned to her original position. "Starting today, all of you are more than just students, but future defenders of the Earth. I don't want students with cocky and bratty attitude or those who are being an asshole. Keep in mind that you won't have any luxuries here, and you will use those who are provided to you whether you like it or not. Do I make myself clear?!"

"Yes, ma'am!" The aspirants replied.

Naomi nodded. "Good, now go to your rooms. We'll be starting your training tomorrow. Get your asses moving!"

---

Air Education and Training Command
Randolph Air Force Base
Dormitory
1023 Hours

(Y/n) placed down his bag beside the double-deck bed. He opened the cabinet that was also placed beside the bed. (Y/n) then unzipped his bag, revealing his things, mostly clothes and medical supplies.

(Y/n) puts his neatly folded clothes inside the cabinet, before tossing the bag itself afterwards. A knock on the door suddenly ruined the silence, prompting him to go to the door to see who it is.

He twisted the doorknob and opened the door, only to see a black-haired girl holding a travelling bag. She had a petite figure, and wore a plain white t-shirt, jeans, and sandals.

"Hi!" She greeted.

"...Hello." (Y/n) replied stoically. "May I ask what are you doing here?"

"Um... I'm you're roommate." She said.

"..."

"..."

"I thought genders were separated?" (Y/n) pondered.

"Well, I'm the one who requested to be your roommate." She answered.

"Why?" (Y/n) asked again.

"Most of the students don't want to be. They said that they're scared on becoming your roommate because you're giving off a killing aura." She explained.

"Are you not comfortable having a male roommate?" (Y/n) inquired.

"Nope!" The girl replied, popping the 'p' to emphasize her point. "Just by looking at you, I know you're not that kind of person. Oh, by the way, I'm Robin Kuo. You can call me 'Prez'. Nice to meet ya."

"Nice to meet you too, Prez." (Y/n) said.

The two shook hands with each other for a brief moment before they broke it off and entered their dorm.

"I'll take the top bed!" Robin declared.

(Y/n) sighed. "Whatever. Do as you like, just please don't disturb me."

"Aw, don't be so cold." Robin said. "I've heard you're Katherine's brother?"

(Y/n) hummed in response. "Yes. Why?"