Chapter 2 : Back At One

Start from the beginning

"Ooh... still the slippery motherfucker huh?" Sapnap smirked as he recompiled his composure, licking his lips creepily as his eyes drilled holes into Dream's fatigued form. Heaving heavily with unsteady breaths, Dream realized that even though he can still fend for himself, taking on people straightforwardly was simply too strenuous for his current state to handle.

Just swinging an axe in order to spar back against his opponents got him wheezing like a 70-year old grandfather laughing at the most bland joke ever.

Backing up from Sapnap, who he deems to be an enemy out of his league at the moment, Dream retreats back into the open field. Observing his hindsight at the very edging ridges of his eyes, he notices Tubbo, still tending to the injured Ranboo, was distracted by applying aid to the hybrid. Then his eyes scanned to the left, noticing Tommy who was trembling incessantly from his presence, cowering behind Ant and Bad, presumably guarding him safe.

Speedily concocting a strategy, Dream spins around before dashing towards Tubbo, too fixated on Ranboo's well-being, to realize that he was still involved in the fight, and in a matter of seconds, he would become a pawn in Dream's complex game of chess.

Dream sprinted towards the young blonde-haired ruler of Snowchester before raising his axe, just above Tubbo's luscious gold-blonde hair although he doesn't bring it down upon the junior quite yet, for that it was now Tommy's turn on the chessboard.

Tommy, opting to stay behind his apparent bodyguard team that consisted of Antfrost and BadBoyHalo, watched in terror as Dream dealt with the prison-response team with seeming ease. He felt obligated to join in the fight and cease the tyranny wrought by the devil incarnate that bestowed his eyes, yet every time the fear that Dream had instilled within him festered, restraining from engaging.

However, his world slowed down tremendously, as the forest trees continued to burn in the distance. Dream's twisted line of sight had now fallen onto Tubbo, and with that, Tommy's final straw plucked. Caring for his best friend's safety than anything else in his own life, the apparent protagonist and hero of the SMP tore down his walls, sculpted with anxiety and panic.

"TOBY!" Tommy screeched at the top of his lungs, face paling with every tick of the clock as a ghastly expression strewn across his face. His steps clomping with his enchanted diamond boots against the grasslands, he rushed towards Dream and Tubbo, unknowingly that his caring worries for him was what Dream had exactly wanted.

Calculating the steps, and the closing gap between himself and Tommy, Dream instantly swung his netherite axe. Then came the whipping of the wind, before a gnashing and squishy impact... then a disposition of silence...

"H-.. puh-.." sputtered Tommy incoherently as he dropped to his knees, as his eyes widened in absolute dread. Tubbo instantly froze in his place, having felt something warm sliding down his face.

"NO!" Sapnap and the remaining four gasped in unison at the sight they were beholding. Tommy stared up at Dream with a look of pure horror, it seemed that whatever Dream had done had inflicted him with a great deal of surprise.

"Too bad, so sad Tommy." Dream muttered as Tommy slumped backwards, falling onto his side with a jagged slash across his throat. Fresh crimson blood trickled down the axe, its color ironically matching Tommy's shirt that he had always adored and worn. Dream snorted darkly at the dramatic irony, before turning back his attention to Tubbo.

However, he didn't have much time as he still had 5 others to deal with, and as his ears were telling him, they were now coming straight for him with their weapons. Swiftly Dream put his follow-up plan into action, raising his axe once more back above Tubbo's head where it had originally been.