[ 1 ] : hearts break around here ever so often

───── ❝ ✿ ❞ ─────

───── ─────

What happens happens for the best.

If this was told to Jungkook a few months back, he'd have sorted it into a group of well-said statements. But now, Jungkook scoffs in disdain at what his grandma had told him only a day before when they were watering the potted plants kept on the parapet. What's better than watching the sky littered with brilliant stars from his room and carrying a broken heart around, right?

Maybe it was written in his twisted fate all along, or maybe it was just another one of the many mishaps walking their paths in his life; Jungkook will never know. But what he does know is, it stings to watch someone you love— no, loved, do something so, so unexpected.

Jungkook was taught that love is the purest form of feelings, something you cherish as long as time lives. He failed to pinpoint what, and where he went wrong. What lead to things which ultimately, took such a dramatic turn for the worse. Even though his friend thought otherwise, he just knew it turned out for the worse of the worst.

What he remembers back from his university years — something he's been trying to forget ever since — he was just another one of the many omegas from the bunch. Introverted, kept to himself almost all the time, adored watching the squirrels race up the windswept tree that stood at the very forlorn part of the campus, loved spitting at omega stereotypes, had an unhealthy obsession over his Eevee plush collection and music, extra baggy jumpers and hitting the gym every once in a while.

He was confident, confident as much as an omega can never get. And getting accepted into his dream university? That was just the kickstart he required, majoring in culture and art at the Seokyeong University; under the music division. Though he was a lover of peace and solitude, bouts of excitement giddied him as soon as the hustle and bustle of the campus meets his eyes.

It was just like a dream come true, believing that you've finally encountered your happy ending. But in Jungkook's case, it was the beginning of everything.

Just a week into exploring the vast campus (and avoiding crowds like a plague which he does not want to catch), Jungkook had memorized most routes. Albeit facing difficulty at first, it was worth it for keeping up with asking a passerby the direction to his lecture hall or masterclass was not something Jungkook seemed to be a big fan of.

Despite appearing as a lonesome little omega to most scrutinizing eyes, he did manage to find a trustworthy alpha in campus, who was his senior majoring in music just as him. Yoongi was someone he'd trust his life with, and running into him was everything luck could provide.

Yoongi was a loner (they'd playfully named themselves as such) just as much as he was, and if anything, Jungkook found it peaceful to be with him. Though the older alpha had no intention of making friends, he seemed to convey more through his eyes than what his mouth could ever.