Angel Boy - BokuAka

Caregiver - Bokuto
Regressor - Akaashi

Bokuto chuckled softly and settled down in bed. "That movie was pretty scary."

Akaashi pulled him down and kissed his forehead. "A bit."

"Not too scary, right?"

Akaashi shook his head. Although he never really lied to Bokuto on purpose, he did now. This was only because of the fact that he was terrified of the movie and was terrified of the images that had flashed on screen.

Bokuto was fine though and was already asleep in minutes.

Akaashi forced himself to calm down and fall asleep.

****

Bokuto started awake, confused. He'd just felt a kick in his back and woke up, disgruntled.

"Keiji." He turned around, rubbing his eyes. "What the hell?"

Akaashi shifted in his sleep, thumb in his mouth. He whined loudly, thrashing a bit. Bokuto took a deep breath. He gently shook his shoulder.

"Keiji, love, it's just a bad dream." He shook him a bit harder and Akaashi sat up, gathering blankets and shaking.

"Papa! Papa!" Akaashi turned to Bokuto, sobbing. "You gotta save me!"

Bokuto picked him up and hugged him tight. "Papa is right here. Nothing scary." He turned on his bedside lamp. "Oh my sweet baby boy there's nothing scary."

Akaashi cried loudly, a lot louder then his normal little cries. Usually he cried softly and it would be considered soft weeping. Now he was just plain sobbing in terror, clinging to Bokuto like his life depended on it.

"What happened?"

"The monsters! Monsters chased me and hurt me and hurt bunny Lily!"

"Oh no, not bunny Lily!" Bokuto picked up Akaashi and walked to the closet. The closer they got in the dark, the more Akaashi shook. Bokuto turned on the light and opened the closet.

"MONSTERS!"

Bokuto shined a flashlight into the closet. "No monsters."

Akaashi shifted in his arms. Bokuto got out his box of gear and set it on the bed.

"Would jammies and a bottle help?"

"Milky?"

"Oh yes love. Angel milk for an angel boy." Bokuto rubbed his stomach. "Deep breath lovey."

Akaashi took a deep breath, fiddling. Bokuto eased his pants off and put on his star pajamas. Akaashi held onto him, holding to his bunny. He sniffled softly as he was held, waiting for Bokuto to find his baby blanket and sippy cup.

"How old are hon?"

"Is... is he."

"Three?" Bokuto picked up his favorite story book. "I'm gonna go get your milk. Do you think you can sit alone for a moment?"

"I don't think so..."

Bokuto hummed. He picked him back up, carrying him to the kitchen where Akaashi clung to him, watching him make him some milk.

"Hey Papa?"

"Yeah bud?"

"We cuddle for bit?"

"Of course!" Bokuto put him back on the bed and covered him up. Akaashi whined softly as Bokuto turned the main light back off. "It's okay lovely boy."

Akaashi shifted and went quiet as usual, shifting a bit. He held onto Bokuto's hand as things were set down. He drank from his sippy, watching Bokuto get settled down. "An soary?"

"Mhmm! A story!" Bokuto read it to him as quiet as possible. Akaashi kept drinking, eyes fluttering closed. "Asleep?"

Akaashi took slow breaths, holding onto him. His eyes were closed and his hand was loosening up on his sippy cup. Bokuto set the sippy aside and got Akaashi to lay down. "Papa...?"

"Shhhh, shhhh, shhhh. Sleepy time angel boy."

Akaashi rubbed his eyes, whining again. He settled down against Bokuto's arm.

****

Bokuto looked up from his mug of coffee, grinning. "Well good morning sunshine!"

"Mm." Akaashi plopped down, now in Bokuto's t-shirt and his own pants. "Morning."

"Still not feeling good?"

"What?"

"You had a nightmare while regressed."

"Ah. Thank you for taking care of me." Akaashi opened his phone.

"Of course! Maybe last night was a bad night for a scary movie. Sorry about that."

Akaashi shrugged. He shifted his glasses. "I think it was a negative trigger. It happens."

Bokuto frowned. He handed Akaashi a cup of coffee. "You sure?"

"Mhmm." Akaashi pulled him down and kissed him. "Can you get me some strawberries?"

"With or without the sugar?"

"With." Akaashi kissed him again. "Please."

Bokuto chuckled softly. He got him some strawberries and sat with him, huddling up close. "You're cute."

"Hush."