V

V

Winter— beginning

The sound of two characters talking became vivid straight into Gojo's ears, and he knew immediately knew who those people were. He was happily walking into the hospital to see Geto when his steps paused, hearing a conversation he wished he never did, or maybe he was just not ready.

He ran away as fast as he could despite the narrow view of his sights, and thoughts were running in his head as he was running as well. Running from something he doesn't even know who and what. 'Why... why am I running? Shouldn't I know that already...? Am I mad at Geto, or am I mad at the situation I had myself in...?'

Tears were running down his face, even with the efforts to attempt to hold it in. He unconsciously wiped it with his hands and tried to keep his shit together as he hates being stared at by people surrounding him.

He found himself outside of the hospital before looking back at it and decided that he never wanted to go back in there again, maybe for now.

Shoko couldn't count how many times she visited and knocked on the same door every vacant she got, "SUGURU GETO."

The lad snapped back to reality after staring at his closed window by a yell on the other side, and he knows it's Shoko, "Leave me alone." Shoko gritted her teeth in annoyance, "Konoyaro... How long do you intend to sulk?! It's been a week."

Geto hissed in irritation, throwing the pillow at the door, "I said leave me alone. I can't do this today, Shoko."

Seconds later, he heard the door open, revealing Shoko placing the keys in her pocket, "I'm sorry, but I am just concerned." She neared her best friend, noticing the dark circles around his eyes, "You were always strict with your sleeping schedule..."

"Shut up. If you're going to just nag be about stuff, then leave—,"

"You missed his birthday. You know that, right?" Shoko intervened, catching Geto off guard. "I... I know. But I gave him flowers saying I was busy." The woman successfully lighted her cigars, placing them in her mouth, waiting for Geto to finish speaking, "Busy what? Sulking over something?"

"That's not just 'something,' Shoko."

Shoko sat on the bed next to him, speaking with gestures, "That's not even the point. The point is, you're scowling here instead of being with Gojo's on his birthday? I mean, yeah, you did send some shit, but do you think those things matter if you weren't there?" It was the first time for Shoko to lose her composure, and Geto was feeling it. "Dude, you knew it in the first place that you cannot do anything about his condition. Didn't I tell you not to promise shits? Or did you not follow? SUGURU."

Geto was fiddling with his fingers, not knowing what to reply, but he eventually did, "But he trusts me... Shoko. I made him trust me."

"You're no God... Suguru." Though Shoko always hits the button, it's different this time. It made him feel a lot of things and opened his eyes to see the truth. "You're a genius. We all know that... You can't heal something that cannot be in the first place, but that doesn't make you less. You were already amazing from coming up with multiple therapies being used today." "Are you encouraging me to give up?"