• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 : 𝔖𝔩𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔬𝔯𝔫'𝔰 𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔶 •

TW: Alarming/Triggering theme. Mentions of blood and weapon.

• Chapter Seventeen : Slughorn's Party •

[••• ––– •••]

"You're not going home again?" Padma asked from across the dorm room.

(Y/N), who had just gotten up from bed with a comb stuck on her hair and a towel around her shoulder, gazed up to find Padma's whereabouts with her weary brown eyes.

"Huh?" She blinked several times to regain her sanity. "Ah, yeah... I mean, no... I'm going to the Burrow. Ron invited me to go over — my parents agreed, of course — but I've got to attend Slughorn's party first before we leave for Christmas break."

"Oh." said Padma, comprehension had dawned on her face. "I forgot about that... It's a shame that I've got no invite."

"No one? Really?" (Y/N) mumbled, pulling a set of thick casual clothes. "So, you're going home?"

Padma nodded, zipping her trunk close.

"Even Parvati got no one. So, we're going home together."

"Where's Toni and Jill?" (Y/N) asked, now making her way towards the bathroom.

"They're downstairs." replied Padma. "They just had brought their trunks down to the carriages."

(Y/N) nodded, her hair flopped up and down while she entered the bathroom. She was really sleepy to the point that she had nearly placed her towel on the bathtub and opened a bottle of skin moisturizer instead of the water gargoyle.

The truth was that she and Harry had been up all night in the Astronomy tower, doing... things. Kidding aside, they just did their undone homework, especially Harry's, so that they can enjoy the rest of the day before they can visit the Burrow for Christmas.

The reason why they ended up leaving the tower at two o'clock in the morning was because of Harry's persistence to turn the 'study date' to just a 'date'. At the very start of the study date, he kept pushing the notes and books away and would kiss her in every part of her skin in the face and neck. He would only stop when (Y/N) whack him in the shoulder and scold him for being irresponsible (though she said it in a joking way).

Half an hour after, (Y/N) went out of the bathroom with a fresh look and alive eyes. She felt as though she was charged up by the cold weather and the warm water from the water gargoyle. Padma was nowhere in the dorm when she looked around the place. She supposed that the Patil girl went down to bring her own trunk down the carriages.

She placed her towel and used clothes on the basket beside her bedside drawer, grabbed a new comb and started drying her hair using a Heating Charm. While she was halfway through this, she heard the door opened and the voice of Cho echoed with the serene ones of Luna's.

"(Y/N), get a move on." said Cho, pulling the curtains of her four-poster.

"Am I that late?" (Y/N) asked, stiffling a yawn and watching as Cho stood on her place, hands on her waist and as Luna looked around her bed.

"Not really." said Luna, still roaming around. "The Gryffindors aren't there yet."

"I'm not really that late, then." said the Heather girl calmly, now focusing on drying her hair.

"Is this yours, (Y/N)?" asked Luna.

(Y/N) turned and saw the younger girl holding a familiar gold bracelet from the bedside table.

"Oh, no." stated (Y/N). "That's Harry's. He left it on me last night."

"Last night?" Cho inquired, her voice was laced with slight maliciousness.