• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔒𝔫𝔢 : 𝔅𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔥𝔡𝔞𝔶 𝔖𝔲𝔯𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔢𝔰 •

• Chapter One : Birthday Surprises •

[••• ––– •••]

In years to come, Harry wouldn't want to imagine how he managed to live in a month without (Y/N) Cynthia Heather. He didn't even know how he handled waking up every day knowing that he won't be able to walk through the corridors just to reach the Ravenclaw Tower for him to see his favorite person. He had lived, had he not, under the same place as hers, and now, he had to wander around the Potters' house just to go back to his room again.

A week before his birthday, something came in their household. Something that elated him a bit. His O.W.L. result had arrived.

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results

Pass Grades
Outstanding (O)
Exceeds Expectations (E)
Acceptable (A)

Fail Grades
Poor (P)
Dreadful (D)
Troll (T)

Harry James Potter has achieved:

Astronomy                                                   A
Care of Magical Creatures                          E
Charms                                                         E
Defense Against the Dark Arts                   O
Divination                                                    P
Herbology                                                    E
History of Magic                                         D
Potions                                                         E
Transfiguration                                           E

"Well done, son." said James, patting Harry on the shoulder with a proud grin on his lips. "Expect Moony to mix up something for you to get an 'O'."

"You mean, you threatened him." said Lily snidely after tipping a number of sausages into Harry's plate.

"What? I didn't do anything like the sort!" said James indignantly, eyeing Harry apprehensively.

"Speak for yourself... I still have the letter Remus sent after you owled him about your son's exam." replied Lily, overlooking Harry's infuriated stare. "Anyway, I wouldn't expect you to pass Divination and History of Magic. You're exactly like your father... But your Potions a bit unexpected —"

"Mum, don't start." warned Harry, stopping from swallowing the sausage. "It's bad enough to remind me how awful I am in Potions... If (Y/N) hadn't helped me a lot of it, I would definitely fail it." he added to himself, finishing the sausage grumpily.

As he did so, a screeching sound echoed the dining room. All of the Potters looked over to see a familiar owl scratching and hooting outside their window.

"Minnie!" exclaimed Harry, and discarding his fork, he stood up, ran across the room and opened the window.

Minne swooped in and landed softly into Harry's shoulder. She let out a soft hoot for a greeting before she stretched out her leg. He saw that there was a letter bound to it, obviously, from (Y/N). He reached out eagerly, untied the letter before he let her into the table and tipped her off some bacon.

"(Y/N) knew how you missed her." teased James, but when he saw Lily's stare, he closed his mouth immediately and looked down to his plate.

Harry shook his head. He had been experiencing this kind of teasings every single day every time he would receive a letter on their very own eyes. He opened the letter and smiled upon the curly handwriting of (Y/N)'s that was etched on the very parchment.