She stepped into the room, catching the attention of her mother. Joanna smiled softly at her daughter as she walked over to her.

"Come in, sweetheart. He's been asking for you." Joanna told her. The woman gently shook Sammy's arm, making the boy open his eyes. "Sam, there is someone here to see you."

Sam's eyes shifted from his mother's to his twin's and a grin broke out on his face. "Annie! You're here!"

Diana smiled. "Hi, Sam. How are you feeling?"

"Come here, Ann. I'm not going to break." Sam patted the spot on the bed next to him. Diana sat down and grabbed his wrapped hand. "I'm feeling better than ever. Don't worry, Ann."

"Dumbles said you had severe injuries. What were those?" Diana questioned looking between her mother and twin.

Sam glanced at their mum and she nodded. "Well, I needed surgery, the muggle way, because I had internal bleeding."

"What?!" Diana's eyes widen. "You had surgery and internal bleeding and nobody thought it was a good idea to tell me?"

Joanna placed her hand on Diana's shoulder. "We thought it wasn't a good idea to worry you, Annie."

"I was worried no matter what. My brother is in the hospital." Diana said angrily. "He was beaten by Neanderthals and was sent to the hospital. Of course, I was going to be worried."

Sam chuckled at his sister. "Calm down, Ann. Mum and Remy were just looking out for you. No need to be angry with them."

"But—"

"No buts, Ann." Sammy placed his finger on her mouth. "I'm okay. See?" He gently touched his stomach wrap and whinced slightly.

Diana snorted and said sarcastically. "Okay, my ass."

Two hours later, Diana planted a kiss on her twin's forehead before bidding him goodbye. Joanna told her that Sammy wasn't coming back to Hogwarts for the rest of the year even though the bullies were gone. She said that she would inform Benji as McGonagall and her Floo back to Hogwarts, only to be met by a loud hallway. The teacher and student hurried out of the classroom and into a busy hallway. Students were running down the hallway towards the courtyard.

Diana saw a familiar brown-haired boy and grabbed him. "Lane, what's happening?"

Lane had tears in his eyes. "It's-it's Professor Dumbledore, Ana,"

"Show us," She says.

Lane led the Professor and Diana to the courtyard where a large group of students gathered. Sobs and crying were heard from the group as Diana and the Professor pushed through it.

McGonagall let out a gasp as she saw Dumbledore lying on his back in the middle of the courtyard with Harry crying on him. Diana's mouth fell open as she gave a sobbing Lane to Ginny, and hurried over to Harry.

She kneeled down next to her boyfriend and wrapped her arms around him. Diana looked away from Dumbledore's body as the group of students and teachers held up their wands. A small shimmer of light glowed from their wands in honor of their headmaster.

Dumbledore was dead.

***

"Do you think he would have done it?" Hermione asked Harry after he explained what happened on the tower. "Draco?"

"No. No, he was lowering his wand. In the end, it was Snape. It was always Snape. And I did nothing." Harry answered as he gave the locket to her. It was fake. "Open it."

Hermione opened the locket and pulled out the note. "To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this. But I know I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you need your match you will be mortal once more. R.A.B. Who's R.A.B.?"

"I don't know," Harry said. "But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. Which means it was all a waste. All of it. I'm not going back, Hermione. I've got to finish what Dumbledore started. And I don't know where that'll lead me. But I'll let you, Dia, and Ron know where I am when I can."

Diana stood up from her place next to Ron and walked over to her boyfriend. "You know, Mione and I always admired your courage, Harry. But sometimes, you can be really thick. You don't really think you're going to be able to find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you? You need us, Har."

Harry grabbed her hand and entwined their fingers, then he grabbed Hermione's. "I never realized how beautiful this place was." A loud squawk from Fawkes was heard in the distance. The Phoenix flew over their heads.