Part 8

Time skip for about a week until January 2nd

Mj went back on her regular shift after the the holidays. Peter had returned to be a regular after not coming for a while. She still questioned him. He came every morning and evening. Always asked for the same thing. One coffee and a bagel. But he always stared at her and Ned. She thought it was weird but dismissed it. But today was different. When he came it he didn't say anything he just stared at her. After about a minute she realized he wouldn't say anything so she brought it upon herself to talk to him. "Hey...Peter Parker..you gonna order or what." Peter suddenly snapped out realizing he just made it awkward. "Oh um....yeah uh what do you think you got a favorite or what." Shit. He messed up big time. "Um I really don't have any favorites." Mj said smiling softly. Damn something really was off. "Then I'll just have an Cappuccino then." "Ok then uh Peter Parker." As Mj was preparing Peter's cappuccino she realized..he had ordered her favorite blend. How did he even know. Must have been a coincidence she thought. But it couldn't have been. With all the other things with Peter recently and the drawing and photos...something...is just....wrong.

"Um here is your coffee." Mj said "Thanks Mj" Peter said but before he left she grabbed his hand. "Before you go...I wanna ask you a question.." Peter stared at her shocked then softens "Yeah...what is it." "What high school are you in." Peter froze. "I'll just figure out again." Mj's voice from that day on the Statue of Liberty. Had she already done it. "Um...I went to Midtown..." "Midtown...I go there.." "I was on the decathlon team.. for my sophomore year." Peter looked at the time and said "Oh I have to go um bye Mich- Mj." He said before sprinting out the door. Mj had wanted to ask him one more question before leaving...had he been there during Washington. She went to Ned and said "Was there ever a Peter Parker on the decathlon team during sophomore year." Mj said before Ned said "No, not that I remember why." "That Peter Parker boy said he went to Midtown and was on the team the same year the Washington incident.." "Maybe he dropped out or something." "Yeah but..but didn't Liz's date for homecoming leave..." "Mj your just overthinking how does Liz have to do with this??" "Yeah I'm just overthinking...." She definitely was not overthinking and she knew it. Peter Parker was somehow connected to her life. A part of her she doesn't remember anymore. "I'll just figure it out all over again." When did she say that..when... and MIT said they rejected her and Ned but accepted them after something..they had nothing for then to reject them. She was close and she knew it.