-:2:-

Zayden's POV

"yeah I think I remember...why?" Sam said walking along with mom towards the elf crater. "my back feels heavy" she turns and I gasp. she didn't have small see through decorated elf wings like the other elves nor us. "large feathered wings, like Ono except they're larger and..." "heavier." I finish off on mom's sentence lifting one wing up. "Sam, turn around towards your brother." she says as Sam slowly turns around towards me her unbelievingly huge white feather wings dragging on the floor like a cape. "I've never seen anything like that" mom whispers. "hey Sam, open your eyes for a bit" She said but louder than her last statement. Some does as told and her expression looks surprised "what's wrong Sam?" I ask worry coating my words. she stuttered for a bit before her eyes traveled to me and mom and we gasped "can you see?" mom asked the question we were both afraid to ask. "have things always looked like this..?" she asks walking forward but her eyes looking up at the trees and sky, with a bit of a struggle her wings weighing her down. "not really no...it's difficult to explain" I say scratching my neck.

Samantha's POV:

I am so confused...all the colors and lights are hurting my eyes and everything that's going on is too much for me to take in. since when do humans have wings and pointy ears and...colored hair. So far only in the fairytales papa used to read us. Mom had long white hair and pale blue eyes with a teal and gold outfit and...blue wings that seemed to flicker every now and then. Zayden wore an outfit with different shades of green and gold, he had brown hair and wings like mom but green. His eyes were golden with brown streaks

 I go to a nearby puddle looking at my reflection as Zayden and my mom walk behind me trying to be careful to not step on my wings. my hair was black and wavy not fully in a ponytail but not fully down either. I had really pale skin and brown eyes. AND POINTY EARS THEY LOOKED SO CUTE. My outfit though was stunning...I had dark blue pants that hugged my legs perfectly, with a little bit lighter shade of blue for the shoes that was lined with silver and black. My shirt being the same color as my shoes with silver linings as well and it kind of made it look like armor but I know it wasn't the material for that. My arms were delicately wrapped in a bracelet that covered it almost till my elbow, designed with feathers that were black from my wrist and transitioned to blue as it continued. there was a belt across my hips perfectly balanced and it held two small pouches on both sides. And last but not least, a really long black cloak with a hood that went down to my feet and seemed to cover my wings halfway. 

"we cant go to the elves like this...there must be a way to hide them" I heard mom say. "Hey Sam." Zayden walked a bit closer to my left a hand on my shoulder and the other on my wings stroking them and examining them. "Are you able to move your wings?" He asks looking at my wings now with both hands on my left wing lifting it. "I think so..?" I say lifting them slightly off of the ground and they immediately flop back down causing dirt to fly up from the ground and Zayden and mom start to cough "sorry-" "its okay try again. remember. your wings are just another muscle in your body" Mom said as I turn around facing both of them and move my wings again. I try to move them just like I move my arms around and it works. slowly i start lifting off of the ground with my wings flapping and creating a wind under me. 

"OK NOW TRY LANDING SLOWLY AND WRAP YOUR WINGS AROUND YOURSELF IN ORDER TO HIDE THEM UNDER THE CLOAK" Zayden yells over the loud sound of my wings flapping. I lower myself down and land roughly on the ground. Surprisingly there was no crack and Mom and my brother smiled softly at each other. I wrap my wings around me and there was a bit poking from under the cloak. Mom puts the hood of the cloak on my head and Zayden fixes the cloak from the front making it cover my wings perfectly. 

Zayden double taps his butterfly ring and it glows twice then flies off of the ring. "woah..." I exclaim watching in amazement. He whispers something to it and it starts to fly off. They whistle and I hear what sounds like neighing, I look behind me and immediately see what I think is...a unicorn with wings...? It was purple and had a golden horn, "this is Kyra. Kyra this is my daughter Sam" Mom says as Kyra walks around me sniffing and possibly searching for something. She stops from behind me where my wings were. "Can you give her a ride and follow us towards the butterfly?" Zayden asks as he and mom lift off of the ground their wings flapping, Kyra kneels in response and mom helps me get on her back. She starts to fly without warning and I grip onto her back wrapping my arms around her neck. I felt my wings unwrap from my body and trail behind me from the speed, Kyra was ahead of my mom and brother so they saw it and attempted to hide them under the cloak again. We were going towards a place that looked somewhat like a castle and it was made of gold with flower fields and unicorns around it, "Drop her off at the forest inside the elf crater Kyra" Zayden says, his butterfly going back to his ring. As Kyra does so, she flies off towards the castle but i couldn't see what was going on because of the trees and vines covering the area. 

My mom and brother land next to me and make sure my wings are hidden again, i wrap them around myself and move around to make sure they stay in place as i walk. "ok. it's time for you to meet everyone then we'll try find out what's with the wings" Mom says putting the hood of my cloak back up and i start feeling nervous, "come on" she waved her arm gesturing me towards her as she started to walk past the trees, as soon as I look up I am amazed by the huge castle in front of us.

It's so beautiful, better than I ever could've imagined. "ZAYDEN!!" I heard a voice scream from a distance and instantly my brother is tackled to the ground by a girl in a yellow dress "woah there Yuko, what's the occasion?" my brother asked dusting himself off . Yuko? that's a weird name.. "its just been so long since-" the energetic elf(?) stops in her tracks "AND WHOS THIS!!?" her wings flap from excitement as she lands fully on the ground. "oh- um- i-" "hey there Yuko, I see you met my daughter" my mother spoke for me and this seemed to spike the elf's curiosity as she strokes a stray lock of my hair peeking out of the cloak's hood. "black hair? never seen that before. brown eyes.. hm" she starts to circle me making me nervous as I just stand there not knowing what to do. "something is off.. are you fully elf?" she eyes me suspiciously, I stare at her with wide eyes. Just as I was about to speak I got cut off by a honey like voice "Yuko, there you are. I've been looking around everywhere for you" A dark haired boy landed next to Yuko.

"And who's this?" He said with a smile looking towards me, instantly making heat rise to my face. Zayden moves in front of me quickly blocking me from their view, maybe to make sure my wings aren't showing. "Don't worry about it, are the king and queen busy?" He replied sternly, his words making my face contort into one of confusion, but my attention was quickly averted by the colorful details off the world that I was never even able to see, I didn't even question how this could happen, or if its even real. I just enjoyed the moment while it lasted, knowing that eventually I'll find out.