Chapter 65: Old Friends

Start from the beginning

As you walk out of Lokis room, closing it and locking it behind you. You look up to see Wanda doing the same.

She turns to you and smiles at your outfit.

"Just as beautiful as ever." She says as she walks over to you. You smile weakly, it felt odd to be dressed again.

She rubs your shoulder and links an arm with yours as you both head for the doors of the compound. You turn, locking them. And you both walk away, backs to the home you hadn't left. And set off to find him.

"Who exactly are we looking for?" Wanda asks as you both make it to the busy streets of New York.

"Thor." You say, as people pass you, you hear whispers. Lots of them.

"He's in Norway- but I'm not sure where." You say quietly.

"I might be able to teleport us there, but it's going to take a lot of energy." You say, you both head for an empty alleyway and she nods.

"Ready when you are." She says with a deep sigh.

She grabs your hand. You close your eyes, thinking of only Thor, the warm New York air quickly changed, Wanda let's go of your hand and as you open your eyes, you catch her by the hand, helping her stand again.

"Are you okay?" You ask her. She laughs and dusts her jeans off. She looks up at you and nods. "Always." She whispered.

You look around, the small town of people, over by the coast. You smiled softly.

You grew notice of a headache. You put a hand to it, easing the pain slightly.

Wanda links her arm with yours again and carefully walks down the side of the hill, to the village.

As you make it, there are whispers once again.

People were dropping things, staring, and whispering.

Two young children run up to you, hugging your legs. Wanda let's go of your arm and smiles softly down at them.

"Queen y/n!" They shout. You furrow your brows and as they let go, you bend down to meet their level.

"Where have you been?" One asks.

"Why'd you never come back?" The other asks, her voice was small.

You look to her, taking their hands in yours.

"I wasn't in my right mind," you smile at them. They exchange a cheerful smile. Your smile slightly fades as you look at the children.

"Do you know where Thor is?" You ask the small children. They nod. Grabbing your hands and leading you to a small cottage.

Next to the house was, large amounts of empty beer bottles. You smile to the children and they run away, laughing with each other.

You look to Wanda, staring behind you.

As you open the door, you were taken aback by the stench that came from it.

As you walk to the living room you see three men. Your eyes saddened as you see him. His back turned to you.

"Ah, welcome to-" he turns around and falls silent. He notices your worried expression.

"Y/n?" He asks, you walk over, opening your arms to him. He embraces you tightly, afraid he might lose you too.

"What are you doing here?" He asks through your hair. You tighten the hug.

"I needed to see you..." you say. As you pull away you inspect his face.

His hair was long again, though, now he had a beard, he was still muscular, just different.

"Thor..." you whisper as you look around his small home.

Bottles upon bottles of alcohol laid out.

"You should have called, or just came to see me- or even just given me your-"

You are cut off by another bear hug. You furrow your brows and hug him back.

"I thought I'd never see you again." He whispers. You rub his back, soothing his sorrow.

"I always come back, you know that." You reassured him.

"Come on, let's get you all cleaned up." He nods and leads you to a bathroom. Wanda stays and watches both of the others in the living room.

You stand in front of Thor, running your hands through his hair, scanning it, you conjure a pair of scissors and a single blade razor. You set the blade down and begin to cut his overgrown beard.

"I'm so sorry Thor..." you whisper, cutting his beard.

"I wasn't the only one grieving." He says quietly. You stop and shake your head, looking at him.

"But you didn't have to do it alone." You say, he nods and looks away from you to the floor.

"Mother would be so disappointed." He says. You reach a hand to his face and shake your head.

"She could never be disappointed in her boys." You say. His eyes water and a tear falls to his cheek. You wipe it away, and meet his eyes.

"Loki would definitely make fun of you though." You say, he laughs, looking away. You smile at his attempt of laughing.

He turns back to you, as you grab the razor and begin to shave his face for him.

You were careful, not to nic or cut him.

As you finished, you inspected for any places you might have missed.

Clean.

You smile, placing the razor on the sink and wiping his face with a wet washcloth.

"Good as new." You whisper. He looks up into the mirror. Almost if he couldn't recognize himself. You hold onto his arm, staring at him through the mirror.

You lay your head against his bicep, and Thor furrows his brows.

"How'd you cope..." he asked melancholically. Envious of your way to live again. You shake your head as your brows sadden.

"I haven't..." you reply. Your heavy head laid on his arm, which slowly wrapped around you, allowing you to lay your head on his chest, while you both stared at one another in the mirror.

"We're gonna be alright." You whisper. Thor nods.

You were.

You had to move on.

————
A/n: This was so sad. But I truly wanted to shine some light and give some love to Thor, as he truly deserves it.

I feel like throughout the MCU his depression a grief was so looked over. Which I find quite unfair.

In this chapter I want to also shine light on mental health in general.

I want to give a ginormous thank you to all of the messages and comments you all leave me on my socials since I've started this book. My mental health had never been the best and I was going through quite a tough time whilst publishing the first 10 or so chapters.

I got so much positive feedback and support on all of my socials which truly impacted myself and this story. Your kind words make me love publishing new chapters!

I want to say thank you to all of those who continue to do so, your messages and comments make my day 100x better than when it starts. And i mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you all soso much and please remember that mental health comes first, always.

So much love -Author x <3