One hell of a date

Depuis le début

Sarv: We're here. C'mon.

Her grip tightened as she pulled me of the stairs and onto solid floor. The ground was hard and smooth: a hint of cinnamon rising up and complimenting the heat of the place. Before me was a table with carvings of the finest example. My eyes noticed the abundance of strangely familiar foods which I'd never seen in my life.

Ruv: I...

Sarv: You love it, don't you?

She turned my face towards her as I stared again, into her glowing pink eyes. My heart fluttered as my hand grabbed her face and pulled it forward. Without thinking, my lips had crashed into hers.

A flavour of cinnamon and strawberry smacked me in the face as I stared, unsure of what I was doing. Her eyes flashed as I felt her talons softly scrape at my neck. In the blink of an eye, her wings revealed themselves, causing her to slightly hover.

Sarv: C'mon. Let's eat.

I followed her, hand in mine as I sat at one of the chairs. Picking up what seemed to be an avocado I found it to be warm and vibrant. It smelled of cheese and tastes of puffed rice. There was a hint of spiciness to it, as well as a sweet taste of liqueur.

Ruv: What is this?

Sarv: That's one of the native fruits of hell. I think it's...

She grabbed one with one hand. Using her talons, she pierced the skin and dug a small layer of flesh out. It's texture was that of a mango with a greasy covering.

Sarv: Yup. Definitely a Grikov. Anyways, try it with this.

She passed a red looking tortillia with yellow crisp peices of something. I scooped out some of the fruit and placed it inside before wrapping it up. The taste of the "Grikov" contrasted with the hard crunch if the wrapping. A spiciness filled my mouth as I felt it dance of my tongue.

Sarv: Here. This'll help it down.

I took the glass she offered, downing the familiar fiery taste of whisky. The flavours balanced out as I reached for something else.

...

I clutched the mic, unsure of whether this was a good idea. She hovered about what seemed to be a mile away, music blaring from speakers. Still, I was interested to see how powerful a sound I could emit with a working mic. She sang in time with the beat, her notes placed maticoulesly so no mere mortal would last a second of it.

I opened my mouth as her verse ended, hearing the defining noise that escaped my throat as I copied the notes, felling the area around shake. From where I was, I could see she was struggling to get back into place, stunned from the blast. Eventually, I ended and she, turning up her volume, sprayed even faster lyrics. Notes appeared for a millisecond before they were gone.

This time, I used less power, trying to make sure I didn't miss a single word of song. Yet as the verse ended, I continued singing for a few seconds. I finally ended, watching her frantically copy the notes, slightly dazed. My lips curled as she sang the next few verses in her single breath. This time I hit multiple notes with slower, harder hits as they diissapered in rows.

The song was at its last few lines, this one being the hardest: duet. One single miss from ethier opponent would result in automatic loss. Both of us were pretty wrung dry with her struggling to not falter and me barely singing each word. We each played the final high note, holding as long as possible while my voice cracked. I let go early, knowing it would conceive her the win.

Yet as I collapsed to the floor, I watched as she was already down.  Her hand swiped as a portal opened up beneath her. A flash and she was next to me, two vodka bottles in hand. She passed me one, which I drunk quickly. The taste felt more welcoming then ever before.

Sarv: You did well.

Ruv: Same with you.

Sarv: We both lost at the same time.

Ruv: So....draw.

She took a swig from her bottle before nodding. Another swiped of her hand snd the church was in front of us. I got up, walking side by side with her through the portal. Her wings and horns retracted as her regular clothes covered her body. As we walked through, the portal behind us closed. I dropped the bottle into a nearby bin, wanting nothing more then to rest.

Yet as we walked through the halls, I felt as though I wanted to tell her something. I squeezed her hand and turned her towards me. Yet as I looked into those eyes of hers, my mouth became dry. I couldn't speak.

Sarv: Is something wrong Ruv?

Ruv: I....

My limbs reacted faster then my mouth as I pulled her close. My other hand wrapped around her waist as I kissed her. My heart was in my throat as I felt the beats echo, like a drum. We stayed for what felt like an eternity, her lips tasting of cinnamon and strawberry. Finally, we parted, as I stared into her eyes.

Ruv: Thank you Sarv. Thank you.

She stared back at me, one of her hands grabbing my chin as she whispered into my ear.

Sarv: Your welcome.