Chapter 59: Grief

Start from the beginning

Wanda stood next to you, holding onto your arm. Her heavy head laid on your shoulder.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey spoke up, while pictures of many people who dusted away, was pulled up on the digital screens.

"World Governments are in... pieces. The parts that are still working, are trying to take a census and it looks like he did..." Natasha paused and looked around the room.

"Thanos did exactly what he said he was going to do. He wiped out, 50% of all living creatures." She finished.

As you watched the screens pictures of Sam, Groot, Peter, T'Challa, Bucky, and Loki, all sat on the screens. You looked away as tears fell to your cheeks, you slowly wiped them away and chewed at you lip.

Wanda turned to you, her brows saddened, she reached and wiped the tears from your cheek. You turned to her and embraced her as you both cried quietly.

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked now getting uneasy.

"We don't know...he just, opened a portal, and walked right through." Steve answers him, Steve sat leaned on a table looking away from Tony and to the ground.

"You don't know?" Tony asked now with a loud sigh. He was frustrated.

"We looked Tony." You said now looking at Tony, who was in a wheelchair and on fluids. He sighed and looked into the other room to Thor.

"What's wrong with him?"

"He's pissed. He thinks he failed. And while he did, there's a lot of that going around, isn't there?" Rocket said, he was sad, but he wasn't going to show it.

"Honestly until this exact second, I thought you were a build-a-bear." Tony said sarcastically.

"Maybe I am." Rocket said back. You grew annoyed with the lack of talking about the situation at hand. Wanda pulled away, composing herself and taking a few deep, heavy breaths.

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep space scans...and satellites...well, we've got nothing." Steve said pulling everyone back on topic.

"Tony, you fought him." Steve said as he was about to continue Tony cut him off.

"Who told you that? I didn't fight him." Everyone looked to Tony.

"No, he wiped my face with a planet, while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the Stone." He looked to Steve. You released Wanda and wiped your tears as the two men fought.

"That's what happened. There was no fight because he's not beatable."

"Okay. Did he give you any clues? Any coordinates, anything?" Steve asked as they both tussled between the subject.

"Uh..." Tony put his hand to his head and motioned that he couldn't remember.

"I saw this coming, a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming." Tony said sarcastically. You shifted with how easily he could joke about it. Steve stood and slowly walked over to him

"Tony, Ima need you to focus-"

"And I needed you. As in- past tense." You looked up as Tony grew angry.