Chapter 56: Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"Come and get some, space dogs!" The raccoon yelled and began shooting them. You looked to the raccoon and then looked to Bucky. Pleads in your eyes.

"Would you-"

"Unbelievable." Bucky whispered as he picked him up with his metal arm as another wave of aliens rushed to them. Bucky spun both of them in a circle.

"Come on, get some, get some!" The raccoon yelled.

You looked to Bucky and he continued to spin and fire at the aliens. You threw your flames to the floor once more, causing a blast on the ground you stood on, throwing the remaining aliens back. Bucky sets the raccoon back to the ground and he looked up to you and Bucky.

"How much for the gun?" He asked.

"Not for sale." Bucky said while quickly killing the rest of the remaining aliens.

"Okay, how much for the arm?" Bucky rolled his eyes and walked off.

"Oh I'll get that arm." You laughed and the raccoon turns to you.

"Rocket." He stated while extending a hand. You laughed and took it.

"Y/n." You smiled down at him and walked away. If only he knew what side you had been on.

As you slowly walked over to Bucky and Steve, Steve was taking a breath and Thor rushes over.

"Y/n- where have you been-" Thor asks, you shamefully look to Bucky. He looks away.

"It doesn't matter." You say quietly. Everyone rushes, getting caught up in the fight.

Bucky stands next to you. Frustrated.

"I can't let you do this." He says. You turn to him and tilt your head, pleading for him to not ask too much.

"Bucky, please I need-"

"No. You're the enemy." He says angrily. Avoiding eye contact.

Bucky was then tackled by another alien, while his back was turned.

You watched him go down, he looked up as you stood watching it happen.

"I'm sorry-" you say, you walk away, as Bucky calls your name.

He'd make it, it was one of the weaker, smaller aliens.

You began to walk to the large building, which you assumed was the lab.

You looked up as loud rumbles came from the far end of the battlefield. The disturbance reaches the edge of the trees, it turns into vast moving mounds of earth that easily bypass the force field and emerge; the large, sets of massive, motorized spiked wheels, intended for nothing more than shredding everything in their paths.

"Fall back! Fall back now!" Black panther yelled,

Your eyes widen.

You watched as the blades separated into individual wheels and starts veering all over the battlefield.

Natasha with her escrima sticks and Okoye with her augmented spear have drifted together when they're suddenly in the path of a wheels.

You teleport quickly, hoping to catch them.

Both women cringe at their seemingly inevitable shredding when Wanda lands in front of both of them, standing next to her, you looked to her and she nodded, her eyes glowing red, lifting the spiked wheels off of the ground.

She turned to you and as she dropped them you used your blue flames and  grabbed ahold of them, you separated them, sending them to the floors and killing the mob of aliens around you all. She smiled at you and you both rushed to Natasha and Okoye.

"Guys, we got a Vision situation here." Sam yelled through the earpiece. Which you could faintly hear. You turned to Wanda.

"I shouldn't have left him alone." She says, you looked up to the lab tower.

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve yelled though the ear piece.

"I've got it!" You yelled, Wanda close behind. As you both rushed over wanda was hit, you stopped and ran to get her to her feet.

"Go!" She yelled. You stopped as Natasha and Okoye came running. You turned the other way and headed for Vision.

If only she knew you were the enemy.

But Loki had a plan.

Where was he...

You ran through the brush of trees before you noticed Bruce fighting off a large monster, the same one from New York. The monster grabbed ahold of his blasters and sent the both of them off of the hill where you stood.

"Guys! Vision needs back up now!" Bruce yelled.

Vision laid there, you began to rush over before another alien held him by the throat and pushed a saber through him. You stopped at the horror.

"I thought you were formidable, machine. But you're dying, like any other man." He stated, he pulled the saber out of him, Vision falling to the ground and stood over him.

"Foolish that they left you alone." He said coldly. You quickly rushed over to him before he could grab the Stone from Vision. You sat looking up to him angrily.

"I'll take it from here." You say to the alien.

Vision looked to you, confused. The alien moves out of the way, leaving you both in the wooded area.

"It's okay- let's get you out of here." He sighed and you helped him out of the wooded area, as Wanda met up with the crowd you stopped.

"Agh!" Vision screamed. You watched as he fell, you rushed to a secured area.

As you hid behind a tree, you heard talking, from your team.

A blue and black, clouded portal opened, allowing you to step through.

It was almost time.

You walked through and your surroundings turned to the ship again. You sighed and looked behind you, seeing Thanos.

"So?" He says. You look down, away from him.

"They're vulnerable. It's time." You say. He smirks, he walks over and grabs ahold of your hand. You look up as he begins to pull you with him.

He was going to show everyone you were just as much the enemy, but worse, a traitor.

————
A/n: yikes, idk if I love this chapter or not but it's kind of a twist. I hope you are all enjoying!

Don't forget to Vote/Comment! x