Now that made a lot more sense in Jungkook's opinion. Hoseok has the power to kill any hybrid he deems is deserving of one, but there is a rule when one harms a golden charm bearer, they will be punished with death. It doesn't matter who is the punisher as long as they meet their end.

"Anymore questions that Jungkook wants to be enlightened with?"

"Not that I could think of. I am satisfied for now"

"Just know I am happy to be at your service and properly guide you every step of the way"

The smile he gotten from the older made his own come out. Such a bright hybrid could easily let any enemy's guard down with such an innocent face, but Jungkook knows better. The kindest ones are perceived as the most terrifying.

But he knows being with the squirrel is an indicator that he will not be harmed and is in fact in the safest place in the world.

"Would you mind if I ask you a question as well, Jungkook?"

"You've all been very kind to me.. I wouldn't mind if you order me to slash my own legs.."

Hoseok looked down at the bunny with a fond smile painted on his lips. The younger almost needed to squint his eyes to properly stare at the handsome hybrid. He is too bright.

"You're cute"

Jungkook almost choked in his saliva at the sudden compliment from the squirrel and the latter could only laugh at his reaction, more endeared than ever towards the bunny.

If it weren't for the Consort role, Hoseok would've pinched both his cheeks by now and coo at the younger's flustered state.

"It's not an order" the Royal Assassin snorted at the bunny's 'I'll still do it' words and waved him off before speaking "You have no need to answer it. It's just to fill my curiosity..."

"Well.. don't keep your Consort waiting"

Hoseok rolled his eyes at this, but a smile is still plastered on his face. He called the younger a brat, who giggled, before finally asking him.

"I want to be reassured... how are you feeling?"

The question was not the younger expected, he prepared for all sorts of possible questions, but none of them involved his own well-being and thoughts. His face must not been subtle as Hoseok chuckles at him, but a hint of worry was noticeable in his tone.

"If I have to be honest, I worry.. about you and his Majesty"

"Why is that? Have we done something out of character?"

"Not technically..." Jungkook encouraged him to continue with a nod, seeing the bunny's determined eyes made the squirrel comply with a sigh "It's just.. you may have the position as Consort, but are your feelings as one mutual?"

Hoseok is not one to interfere with anything that involves politics and the private affairs of others, but these so called 'others' are the ones he deeply cares for and wish them to experience euphoria even after death.

After meeting and observing the new member of the family, Jeon Jungkook, he had grown a small attachment to this little bunny. He had seen his genuine kindness and can understand the morals of right and wrong. From what he's heard of Thumper, this little one had experienced fighting a snow leopard.

Such a sacrificial and selfless hybrid was suddenly dropped in the role as his Majesty's Consort. You cannot blame the squirrel from worrying over this precious one.

So, the older wanted to know, is Jungkook happy of his current situation? Must he live in a lie the entirety of his life as the King's supposed wife? Did he willingly chose this path or was forced upon it?