PuppyDog.Clock (Parody of Sonic.exe)

Speedrunning. 

I had always been a fan of it, yet I was never the best at it. In fact, I tried to shoot for some records of my own. Of course, since I kinda sucked at speedrunning, it wouldn't really work out for me. So I tried some games that would be easier, specifically young kids games that had some sorts of challenge. I tried to think of some old childrens games I had when I was little, yet my mind went blank. So I just searched up some games on Google. I didn't get the exact demographic I wanted, but I did find many games that were from my childhood. Super Mario Bros, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Legend of Zelda, that kind of stuff. Although, one did really stand out to me. "Puppy Dog: Space Time Adventures!" 

"Puppy Dog?" I thought. "Where have I heard that name before?" All of a sudden, the memories came flooding back to me. I loved the Puppy Dog games as a kid. In fact, I still had copies of most of the games in my attic. I guess as I got older, and started focusing on things like school and exams, I put it to the side and forgot about it. I had a lot of experience with the Puppy Dog games, which would make it a perfect component for the speedrun. Sure, I was a bit rusty, but since I still had the games, I could probably replay one, and then refresh my memory, and get a world record. So, I looked up on speedrun.com, "Puppy Dog."

I guess not many people had played the Puppy Dog series, since I had gotten barely any results. The fastest run I found was for Puppy Dog Forest Adventure, which was a somewhat unknown Puppy Dog game, with 0:48:21. Of course, that was saying a lot, since Puppy Dog wasn't well known. I didn't really want to do Forest Adventure, either, since it was pretty hard, especially at one of the boss fights. I decided to do what was the most popular Puppy Dog game, which was "Puppy Dog: Space Time Adventure!" for the Nintendo 3DS. I dug up my old cartridge, and my old Nintendo 3DS.  I dusted off the cartridge, and popped in into my 3DS. Suprisingly, the 3DS still had a good amount of battery in it. I entered the game, and was immediately asked to update the game. I was surprised they still were updating the game, but then I realized that I hadn't touched the game in years, and that the update was probably made years ago. So I got that over with, and finally entered the game. As the logos at the beginning played, and I was greeted with the charming sound of the title music to the game. But, I noticed something different. There was a new option, called "Add Timer." I tapped it with the stylus, confused on what it was. A popup appeared saying "Add Timer for $5.99!"

Now, I didn't want to pay $6 for a timer. But I did want to add the timer, and I couldn't really add the speedrun official timer, since I didn't have the right materials to do it. So I looked up an alternative for a timer. Some guy on a Puppy Dog Fourm had posted the timer, but for free. I went to look in the replies for reviews, but the replys were disabled, and so were the likes. That was pretty suspicious, but at the time I kinda just wanted to speedrun the game. Before I downloaded the thing, I quickly played through the game again. It was extremely nostalgic, and I got through the run no problem. So after that, I went back to the link, and downloaded the timer. When I re-entered the game, the "Add Timer" button was different, with it now saying "Timer Disabled" instead. I tapped on it, and it switched to "Timer Enabled." With that, I pressed play, and the timer had begun. I skipped the cutscene, and quickly got through the first few levels with no problem. But, as I got to the first boss fight, something off happened. When I tried to attack, defend, use an item, anything, a popup appeared, saying: "NO TIME TO USE THAT RIGHT NOW" I, of course, found that to be off. I assumed it was the person who posted the free link having a chuckle and trolling people.

I carried on, because I'm extremely petty. But, I lost the fight. Instead of getting the normal "1 Life Down" screen, I got an instant game over. I wasn't sure if that was the guy again or an addition to the timer. The music that played at the game over was very distorted - sometimes it'd be very quiet, and then it could suddenly get loud and glitchy. I tried to go to the home menu, but the 3DS wouldn't let me, it'd just show the default house crossed out. As I tried to find out what to do, the game automatically put me back into the level, except the world was a black void. There were no items, and I had one heart. I walked through the void, now I was positive the download was just a joke, which was why everything was disabled. I continued walking through the void, and I found an hourglass at the end of it. I could pick it up, so I did. And then, the game froze. I couldn't do anything, no buttons worked, not even the power off. I was pretty pissed, since I just wanted to do the speedrun, and now I had to deal with this. But I noticed something.