ELIZABETH WILLIAMS

When Elizabeth had arrived at Sweetwater Lake, there was chaos. Firetrucks, policemen, and so much more. She demanded to know what was going on, and a policemen told her. She had crumpled to the ground, sobbing. 

Elizabeth thought about this everyday, as well as her conversations on the phone with Birdie. At least she was able to tell her that she loved her. 

Elizabeth now lay in bed, facing Robert. She was very happy they had remarried. She didn't think she would have survived if she lived alone. They were no longer at the same house, though. They couldn't stand it. Now they lived in a small cabin at the edge of the woods, like their old house.

Robert turned his head to Elizabeth, seeing she was wide awake. "Are you okay?" he asked.

Elizabeth thought for a minute. "Yes. I'm okay." 

Elizabeth and Robert lived a simple life, but they were happy together. They always did small things for Birdie, too. When Elizabeth was alone in bed, she'd take a Harry Potter book and read it out-loud, softly, knowing Birdie was listening. Robert would re-write Edgar Allan Poe stories on notebook paper and keep them in a box, saying it was a mailbox that delivered the papers to Birdie. They thought what each other did was crazy, but it kept them closer to their daughter.