"It was us pulling the string all along. She came to us on Asgard a long time ago she took us to an apocalypse and we hatched our plan together" I lied.

Loki looked at me with a confused face before realizing what I was about to do.

"Which is ?"

"Coming along nicely"

"And Sylvie ?"

"Doesn't matter. She's a pawn. She's useless" I said.

Saying those words nearly killed me. Sylvie wasn't useless. She helped me. I think Mobius noticed that I became nervous after saying those words.

"Once the plan is over, we'll kill Sylvie" I explained.

"Well, we saved you the trouble. She's already been pruned" Mobius said.

"What ?" I said, obviously shocked.

"The Variant has been pruned. Gone. B-15 took care of her"

I stayed silent. I couldn't believe she was dead. I hadn't known her for long, but her death affected me in a way I couldn't describe. Maybe it was because she was a Loki.

Mobius laughed.

"What's funny ?" Loki asked in a serious tone.

"Look at Y/N's eyes. She likes your Variant" Mobius said as he kept on laughing.

"What ?" Loki said, giving me a quick glance.

I was shocked. I didn't like Sylvie in a romantic way. Did I ?

"She likes the Variant. Does the Variant like her back ?" Mobius smiled annoyingly.

"Was she really pruned ?" I finally asked.

"No wonder you're both clueless about what caused the Nexus event on Lamentis. They were just swooning over each other. Loki wouldn't have seen it coming because he would never think his wife would like someone that isn't him and Y/N didn't guess it because she doesn't believe she loves the Variant. A variant falling in love with the variant of her variant husband ! That's chaos ! That could break reality !" Mobius explained.

"Is she alive !" I screamed.

"For now"

"So you lied"

"I did"

I sighed.

"Was infiltrating the TVA always part of the grand plan ?" Mobius asked.

"Our interests are aligned" Loki answered truthfully.

"Overthrowing the time-keepers ?"

"Maybe they need to be overthrown" He added.

"Mobius, listen. If what Sylvie told us about this place is true, it affects all of us" I said.

"Now you've both told me about 20 lies each in the past 10 minutes" Mobius said.

"We're not lying" I said.

"This time" Loki added.

"I'm supposed to believe your wife's girlfriend"

"She's not my girlfriend" I said, loosing my patience.

"Whatever you want to call her. Your husband's variant that you have a crush on"

"You're all variants !" I screamed as I hit the table.

Loki sighed.

"Everyone who works at the TVA. The time-keepers didn't create you. They kidnapped you from the timeline and erased your memories. Memories Sylvie can access trough enchantment" Loki said.

Mobius stayed silent and listened.

"So before this, you had a past, maybe you had a family, a life" I added.

"Nice try" Mobius said as he nodded.

"Well, I'm gonna have to close this case now" Mobius said as he closed a folder that was in front of him.

Two minutemen entered the room and grabbed our arms to drag us away.

"You know, of all the liars in the place, and there are a great many, you're the worst one" Loki told Mobius.

"Why 'cause I lied about Y/N's girlfriend ?"

"No. That I can respect. I mean the lies you tell yourself" Loki answered as a portal was opened in front of him and he was thrown inside.

Mobius looked away as he opened a portal in front me.

"Make the right choice, Mobius" I said as I walked trought the portal door.

Published : 05-01-22
Number of Words : 1098
Edited : 10-06-22